Chapter 12: Suspicions at the Sato Estate

Start from the beginning

I sighed, "Yea, I don't think I could get used to this kind of luxury."

Asami laughed, swimming over to me. "Well, everyone has their own tastes." She said, "Having a butler ask me for a drink is sort of the norm here."

The butler came back soon after and handed me a tall cup with a straw. I took a sip, as a fizzy strawberry-lemon taste filled my mouth.

"This-" I said, startled, and took another sip. "I don't know what kind of lemonade this is, but I like it."

"Fizzy strawberry lemonade, miss Yuki." The butler replied. "Will you be having another?" I took another long sip, sighing as the fizz settled on my tongue, along with the sweet syrup taste.

"Yes please." I said, twirling the straw between my fingers.

~~~

Late in the afternoon, Korra finally arrived.

"Avatar Korra has arrived." The butler said, as Korra walked in.

"Hey Korra!" Mako said.

"Glad you made it!" Asami added. I pulled my feet out from the pool and dried them, walking over to sit with her.

"Welcome to paradise!" Bolin said from the water.

"Looks like you guys settled right in." Korra said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"Pretty much." Mako said, "except someone forgot to ask her father if we could stay here."

"Wait really?" I said, completely alarmed.

"Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission." Asami said reassuringly. I nodded, understanding, but fiddled with the straw of my cup feeling a little wary.

As Bolin showed Korra how the butler dried him off clean once he got out of the water -and then dove back in for good measure-, Korra asked Asami,

"So, what do you have planned for us today? Let me guess, shopping, makeovers..." I shot Korra a look, but she didn't see me. 

"Ohh! I vote makeovers!" Bolin said, as Mako shoved him into the water.

"I had something a little more exciting in mind." Asami said, getting out of the pool, completely unbothered by Korra's questions.

Once everyone was dried off and changed, Asami took us out to the racetrack in the Sato estate, where a bunch of high end racing mobiles were being tested out on the track.

"Pretty cool, huh?" Asami asked.

"Way cooler than a makeover." Korra said, nodding.

"This is where Future Industries test-drives their Satomobiles. Ever been behind the wheel?"

"The only thing I know how to drive is a polar bear dog." Korra replied, eyes still on the track.

"You want me to take you for a spin?" Asami asked, as Korra's eyes lit up.

"Let's do it!"

"Aw no fair." I said, "I call second ride."

Asami nudged me, "No big deal," she said, "I saw you and your little moped. Want to try a new Future Induestries model?" She grinned as my eyes sparkled with excitement, "I'll take that as a yes."