Chapter 12: Suspicions at the Sato Estate

Start from the beginning

Asami appeared with Pabu in her arms.

"Oh, hey Korra, Yuki! I was hoping you could stop by."

I opened my mouth to reply but Korra said, 
"I was just leaving." She glanced at Mako and Bolin. "Gotta... get to training. I guess I'll see you guys around, some time?" She turned to me. "Are you staying?"

I raised an eyebrow, glancing between her and the other three. Really? Drag me out early in the morning to see these guys and then leave me?

"Well," I said, feeling a little sour, "Seeing a mansion sounds pretty cool if you ask me."

I tried not to laugh as Korra hit me with a half glare. "I'll stay and help them move." I said, not backing down.

"Why not come this afternoon?" Asami asked Korra. She was very unaware of our silent eye-contact argument. "I'd love to have you come visit the estate."

Korra tore her gaze away from me, clearing her throat. "I- uhhh, I don't know. I have some.. Avatar stuff to do." I rolled my eyes, sliding next to her. I pinched her side, ignoring Korra's jump.

"Avatar stuff happens every day, promise to visit today, okay?" I lowered my gaze to meet Korra's as if to say, play nice. "Come on, it'll be fun!"

Korra hesitated, but then nodded, "Alright, fine." she said.

Asami beamed.

"Great, we'll see you then!"

~~~

Once Korra left, I turned to help the boys with moving boxes. Not that there wasn't much to move, as the boys didn't have a lot of stuff. We made it to the mansion before lunch. I insisted that I drive myself there, so Asami gave me the address and I headed off. Arriving at the estate, my jaw dropped.

"This place is huge!" I squawked, removing my helmet. "And this is just for like, two people?" I knocked on the large doors at the front, as a butler escorted me in. Asami rushed down the stairs to greet me.

"The guys just finished putting their stuff in their rooms." She said, giving me a hug. "They saw the pool and wanted to go for a swim. You want to join?"

"A pool?" I said, a little wonderstruck.

Asami led me in. It was huge, fit with a fountain, and lounge chairs. Mako and Bolin were already there wearing swimsuits.

"I can get you one if you'd like." Asami said, "I was about to go change." I shook my head and walked to a lounge chair.

"It's fine, I don't really swim... can I just dip my feet in?"

"Whatever makes you comfortable." Asami said with a smile, before heading off to change. Bolin jumped in the pool with an excited shout, as Mako dove in after his brother. I smiled and shrugged off my jacket, rolling my sleeves up and slipping off my shoes. Rolling my pants up, I sat at the edge of the pool and kicked around as Bolin swam towards me.

"Living the luxury life, Bolin?" I asked, as Pabu shook himself on Bolin's chest.

"You know it." Bolin said, with a sigh.

Asami joined quickly after. Everyone was splashing around in the pool, talking, and laughing. A butler walked in asking if we needed anything.

"A drink perhaps?" He asked me after the others made their orders.

"Um... lemonade?" I said, my brain drawing a blank. He nodded and bowed low before leaving.