CHAPTER 13

One month before the kidnapping

Fernanda' s pov

I was making breakfast for Alina when i heard the phone ringing. Who must be calling at this time?
I reached the phone, a private number. Who is this? Ignoring the fact that never pick calls without checking the caller's I'd i put the phone on speaker,

"Hello?" I questioned
"Hello dear wife"
Never pick calls without checking the caller's I'dz i told you. Bastard.
"What do you want?" I asked, irritated with the fact that i can never ignore this man.
"How's alina?" He asked, why now?
"She is doing fine" i said plainly
"Umm, i wanted to ask you if i can meet my daughter for once.....i know court has not granted me the permission but she is my daughter Fernanda" his voice echoed in the room from the phone...
"Moma?"  I heart alina walking down the stairs
"No" i cut the call and get back to the work i was doing...i just hope the tension on my face is not visible. Ugh this man.
"Moma, you were talking to someone?"
"No honey...it was a call, wrong number" i said smiling
"Okay, i think I'll leave now or I'll get late for the class" she said hurriedly picking her backpack and heading towards the door.
"Okay, have a good day honey. I love you" i said almost shouting so that i don't miss saying goodbye to her"
"Love ya, bye" i heard her as her voice faded away as the distance between us grew more and more.
My daughter, my only daughter alina, i love her. She has changed my life from the time she has come to this world. She has always been so precious to me. Even when hector and i got divorced. She was the reason we got divorced, hector didn't want a baby but i, anyways i hate that man and i hate that man, but i don't know why is he asking to meet her NOW. He even sent expensive gifts for her on her birthdays. I don't know what's he is trynna prove here.
I need to find out.
Just then i received a phone call from an unknown id.
Again I picked it up....yeah okay
"Hello" i asked
"Hello ma'am" i know this voice
I know who is this.
I know him
"Vincent?"
"Thankgod you remember me Fernanda"
"Vincent, hi...i was just thinking about you"
"Really....umm why?"
Hey no, i mean i just about to call you for some help" i said nervously
"Ohh, even i called you to inform something "
"Ohh okay, you go first"
"Okay, Fernanda this is really serious and i know you  won't believe me but i am lying. Even since you and alina has left this mansion I've cared for both of you...and so did my father" he said sadly
Vincent's father was a really good friend of hector's and mine. We used to be like a family...used to be. Then he got murdered. Hector said the rivalry between them and other mafia did this. Vincent was his only child so we took him in.. obviously he was a child to us too, he was just 3 years at the time. After a year i have birth to alina..vincent and alina were really good friends to each other but then things fall apart ...and i had to leave hector.

"What is it vincent?" I asked fear creeping inside my chest
"The rivals, want someone to bait Mr. Cortez and they might use alone for that"
My heart stopped
Literally stopped
I will never let that happen.
"What else you know vincent" i asked him boldly now ...
"That they will do this as soon as it is possible, so i want you to take care of her" he said, the worry in his voice was evident that he is not lying.
"What should i do, i won't be able to protect her on my own against the mafia, vincent, i need your help"
"I..i am ..in..miss Fernanda "
"Thankyou vincent" i cut the call and headed straight towards the door to see if anyone's keeping an eye on us or not. I didn't anyone.
What should I do now? I don't know but I'll make sure that no one even be able to touch my baby.
Vincent pov
I cut the call just after that Mr. Cortez knocked on the door....
"Vincent "
"Yes sir"
"I needed to tell you something "
"Yes sir"
"I know has been a long time, but i think this is the right time talk about this"
Yes sir, tell me"
"You father, vincent, was a very good friend to me and we were so close that he knew all my secrets. I was always so loyal to him but he...he sold our confidential information to other mafia groups. And i had to kill him vincent"
"Wh..hh. what?" I was so confused. Who is this man?
"And i want you to know that i am sorry for whatever i did but you are the only person i consider my family vincent and i know you also consider me your family"
"Yes sir" i couldn't say anything to him
I just can not.
He has done everything for me
But my Father never deserved to die
I still remember my father's lifeless face, if Fernanda wouldn't have been there..i would have never survived...and then alina came...those beautiful eyes..i still remember them.
I was a kid i know...i just felt this sudden connection with her when she was born...no body said that we are siblings or something. She was always a friend to me..from the very start.
"Thankyou for understanding" and he left
I can not let my father's murderer go like this.
I need to do something.

_______________________________________________

Hey you'll, i hope you all are doing great, i know i am updating after a long time but, i'll try to be consistent now. I hope you'll enjoyed this chapter, next chapter will be up soon. ❤️
Love you.