CHAPTER 10

-
-

They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade and i feel that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard and whoever has wrote this quote need to come and see what kind of lemons life is giving me and then i won't mind if he wants to make lemonade out of them. I wanted to live like a normal human being but always craved for thrill, mistake....a big mistake.... because nothing is more thriller than knowing that someone wants me dead because they want my father's empire....that father who deals with drugs and into mob and the most fucked up thing is i can't even do anything to solve everything and no chance that i am getting back to my normal life anytime soon. This all feels like a nightmare, the nightmare that can make you experience death before you even want to experience it. The fear of death that eats you every second of the day and you can't even escape it...it's been a week now since they tried to shoot me or just scare me because now i don't even sleep in that room anymore and Vincent makes sure to check nearby areas carefully before the night starts or even in daylight he keeps a check around the buliding just in case.

When i asked Vincent if we can meet our rival and talk and he said no and that he will handle it in his way but i don't know what's his way and i am sure it's something minacious. Honestly he scares me sometimes not that he harms me or something, just in a natural devilish way. That day when he said he have a plan i thought he is talking about the situation but he had a plan to make me feel better although that's a situation too but not necessary, but then he told me about the actual plan.

Flashback (the day gunshot happened)

"What??" I suddenly choked on my food

"Yes but i don't know if you will agree to it or not"
He said looking at his food

"What is it?" I asked curiously

"Do you want to meet your father?"

He questioned looking up at me

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it before something stupid comes out i need to think, am i ready to meet him after all this and the fact that I haven't met him in years.
How am I going to react in front of him?
I know how he looks tho...i have seen his pictures in newspapers with the headlines like "the biggest business man" because he is very good at hiding his other income sources.
I am really nervous only with the thought, how am I going to meet him....when i am just blankly looking at my food and thinking deeply about this, suddenly I felt Vincent's fingers under my chin making me look at him. He looks beautiful as always and i still don't know how I feel about this or am I even suppose to feel anything at all.

"I just want you to talk to him, it will help you" he paused "all i am saying is.... let's just go and meet him" he said in a breath.

"I think you are right" i said taking a long breath

I think he is right.... atleast i should meet the person who is responsible for every disaster in my life right now.

"And your mother will be there too, so it will be more easy for you" he said happily

"Fuck, i almost forgot about that...muma will be there...yes she will be there..what else can I ask for"
I said smiling

He smiled back at me and it made the whole mood light again

"So when are we leaving?"

"Next week"

"Okay, thankyou"

He gave me a look and gets up and turns to the kitchen, i didn't realise that he had picked my plate as well...than i sat their In silence and drifted off to sleep. Yes i sleep on couch and he sleeps on the other couch because when he offered me to sleep in his bedroom i refused...i didn't wanted to disturb his sleep because of me. It will be so mean and the I chose the couch...it comfortable and it's in the middle of the house and there's no window around it. I was more than happy to sleep there.

He didn't want to leave me alone so he chose the other couch and now we sleep on the opposite couch. Good growth alina.

Flashback ends.

Thinking about everything he said that night actually made sense. I should meet my father and tell him that how mean he is and my mother will be there too so everything will automatically be solved.

But now that we are actually going there...i feel a little sick about everything. I am freaking out and i can't even show but i am sure he knows that all. He is just keeping his calm before he punch my father too.
He is freaking out but it's internally. I know him now and i know he only maintains his calm when he is about to explode.

The distance between the old house to my father's mansion is 5 hours because he lives out of the city and old house was on the opposite side of the city and its still 4 hours to go to reach there.

Although I am happy that i am going to see my mother today but i still don't know about my father.

One hour into the ride and i am already feeling tired.

"If you want to sleep you can, we still have 4 hours to go" he suddenly said but quietly not looking at me

"I think I am gonna do that" i said getting comfortable in my seat.

I just heard a yeah in response and i was deep in my sleep.

"I dare you to even open your pretty little mouth about this and you won't see your mother again, it won't be good for you! You hear me" He said with his hands tightly around my chin holding it.
I can feel the tears welled up in my eyes...i wasn't able to say anything, just sat there quietly hating my life and cursing every minute of my life.
When i left the room, i could feel everyone looking at me like i am an alien or something. When i got home i didn't dare to go to my mom and even look at her because i didn't wanted to breakdown in front of her and i know i will eventually end up telling her everything and risk her life. Running straight to my room, i closed the door and layed down on my bed and looked at ceiling for hours crying and crying.
It's like i am having my own personal hell.

And suddenly I felt fingers on my cheeks and peeled my eyes open and saw Vincent looking at me concerned.

"What happened?" I asked in my sleepy voice confused

He again wipes his knuckles on my cheeks and then it hits me...i am crying and now he'll ask questions that i will not be able to answer. Shit.

Thankyou for reading. I am sorry for the late update because I am having my exams but i'll try to post new chapter every Sunday or Wednesday.