Chapter 30: The THEOretical Limit

Start from the beginning

Liberal use of the Tearing Earth Turning Wave is one of the reasons why the construction projects at the Altaras Island and other small nations outside the civilization area visited by the Holy Milishial Empire's delegation since last year progressed so fast, due to the Holy Empire's military Mages equipped with early Manadrivers were mixed in with the construction workers as 'special crew members' who built harbors, airports, bridges, road, and railways within days and even mere hours. Already, legends like "One-Night Bridge" and "One-Night Road" have begun surfacing in outside civilization countries due to how roads that span miles suddenly appear overnight. However, since what exactly the Holy Milishial Empire is doing in these countries and their working methods are shrouded in secrecy, it left other countries scratching their heads whenever this topic was brought up. The recipient countries also didn't dare to question it for fear that it will draw the Holy Empire's ire.

Arch bridges made of stone and stone-paved roads similar to the highways during the ancient Warring Kingdoms Period are considered simple emergency infrastructure to aid disaster-affected areas by the Holy Milishial Empire before modern construction is built to replace them. But it is a good enough taste for low-civilization countries who are salivating for the Holy Milishial Empire's technology like hungry hyenas.

Sometimes literally.

"I heard that the Professor is born with a lightning affinity, a person who should have struggled the most when learning earth magic, I wonder what will happen if she performs with her own element," Fiolina muttered, focusing on the lens, not wanting to miss even the slightest movement made by Robin.

"Well, the more techniques a Mage has in their repertoire, the better, but we're going to see that soon."

Meteos signaled to Robin to continue with the performance. Robin's goggles somehow gleamed in the morning light that matched her feral grin.

"Now, time for the highlight. Spell number one."

Robin quickly reached for the Runite Charger on her left waist and pressed it against her mana-covered right palm, its rapid beeping signaled the activation of the Manadriver. Without hesitation, she proceeded with the spell, her heart was pounding even faster from excitement.

"Lightning Creation Magic: SNAKE LIGHTNING!!!"

Magic particles that emanated from her body vibrated rapidly, transforming into a yellow-colored electric discharge that took the form of a serpent that briefly coiled around Robin. However, when she pointed her hand forward, the serpent quickly shot up following her gesture, obliterating a row of pillars in its path. The opening move was followed with another Snake Lightning, and another, and another, and another, each attack serving as the extension of Robin's punches and kicks. She ran through the forms while the yellow serpentine silhouettes struck the unmoving stone pillars around her relentlessly in a wild war dance. After completing the barrage of attacks, she finished by performing a lightning-powered jumping roundhouse kick, sending the last Snake Lightning barreling through the stone pillars in a wide sweeping arc before dissipating into beautiful yellowish particles.

As Robin landed on the ground and turned back to look at her handiwork, she saw that rubbles already littered the places where her Snake Lightning struck the pillars, visible among the cloud of snow particles that the explosions kicked up. Her mind ran through the previous movements and compared the feeling to the times when she used her old Manadriver to do the same technique, clenching the Runite Charger in her hand.

'I'm barely tired at all. So it really functions as advertised. Heh, intriguing.'

With those thoughts, she put on the biggest smile on her face and yelled at the sky, pumping her fist, visible to the three others on the edge of the clearing.