Ch 18: Casino Slam

Your P.O.V.

It's been a few days since I started to hit Lucky's operation. And I have to say that The Vipers and I are making some good progress. I hit several small, back room gambling dens around the Upper West Side. Each only had a handful of slot machines and a craps table or two. And they were all in the back of some small business like a gas station or pawn shop. But each one I take over is a hit against Lucky and his men.

At the moment, I had just taken over another gambling den. This one was in a local restaurant on the southern end of the district. It's a good thing it was late at night, so the only people I had to worry about were gamblers and Lucky's men. But at this point, I had only a small foothold in illegal gambling. So there had to be some way I could find one of the bigger casinos that Lucky had.

After some Vipers showed up, I started to walk around. I wanted to see if there were any Kobra Kings around that I could get info from. So after about ten minutes, I saw a Kobra King come out of a bar. I quickly checked to make sure that no one was looking. When I knew it was clear, I grabbed the thug and dragged him into an alley. Then I pinned him to a wall before pulling out my pistol.

Y/n: Alright, you're going to tell me where Lucky's got his casinos set up.

KK thug: Fuck you, Viper!

That's when I shot him in the leg, which caused him to scream. Then I stuck a finger in the wound as he started to scream in pain. I wasn't in the mood to have my time wasted with this asshole. So after a moment, I stopped and held my gun up to his crotch. And we both knew what was going to happen if he didn't answer my question.

Y/n: I'll ask again, where does Lucky have his casinos set up?

KK thug: Okay, okay! He's got a major gambling den out of the whole foods market on Columbus Avenue.

With that, I put a couple bullets in his head and left the body there. Then I made my way back to my car and started heading to Columbus Avenue. Because if there was a den at the whole food market, then I would claim it for The Vipers. While I was driving, I started to listen to the radio. Or at least I was trying to, since there really wasn't anything good on. But then, I came across the news channel which had something interesting on.

Reporter: In a shocking turn of events, the street gang known as The Vipers have declared war on The Kobra Kings. The Vipers are responsible for the recent ramp up in gang activity. All of which included gang-related murder, extortion, and vandalism. And police sargent Kai Lu had this to say on the topic of the new gang.

Kai: The Vipers are a dangerous criminal force operating in our fair city. The police are encouraging all citizens to avoid any and all contact with these criminals. And if anyone had any information about this gang, we urge you to come forward.

Looks like The Vipers are becoming famous with the cops. And this Kai Lu seemed to be the one leading any sort of investigation into my crew. So I guess I should watch my back and make sure that I don't get sloppy. After about half an hour, I made it to the whole food market. The place looked like it was all closed up for the night. But I decided to take a quick look around to make sure if there were any Kings or not.

So then I had started looking for any sort of entrances. The front door was way to obvious to go through, so that was out of the question. So I snuck around to see if there was a back door that I could use. Then I found one with only one guard keeping watch. Man, it's like these guys want me to come in and take over their business. So I whistled and shot the guard in the head with my silenced pistol.

Once he was dead, I snuck in through the back door and got inside. There was a ton of slot machines and poker tables all over the place. And it looked like each one had some poor idiot trying their luck. So I started slipping my way through the room to only find four other guards. I figured there was a few more in the rest of the store though. And I knew that there was going to be a problem with all these people here.

Though I did have a knife that I could use on these guards. So one by one I snuck around the room and quietly killed the guards. Then I made them look like they were all sitting on a nearby empty chair. Once they were all dead, I snuck into the store to find out if there was anymore guards. And I was right as there were five other guards walking around the store. So I made sure to be as quiet as possible while I dealt with them.

After ten minutes, I killed of the last of the guards. Then I made my way to see in there was anyone in the managers office. And much to my luck, the guy who owned the store was there too. Luckily, it didn't take much to convince the guy to work for me. Then I called in the crew to take over the casino and deal with the bodies. After thirty minutes, Vipers had complete control of the market and the casino.

Of course, I made sure that they dealt with any blood. We had to make sure that there was no evidence of what I did here. Fouttunatly, the owner had access to the security system. And it turned out he'd shut them off for a few hours while he ran the casino. So there was no footage of me killing any of The Kobra Kings. With that said and done, I decided it was best to go home for the night and get some rest.

So I hopped back in my car and drove back to the nightclub. And with all that's been going on, things were looking pretty good. With the lose of a major casino, it would hurt Lucky's operation big time. All I had to do was keep hitting and taking over his other casinos. And once I did, then I'd call the crew to come and secure them. Then once I put enough pressure on Lucky, he'll have to show himself.

Once I got back to The Blue Tropics, I went straight to the apartment. I was really tired after all the shooting and whatnot. So I knew that I had some much deserved sleep to get. I didn't even care to change out of my clothes and got to bed. Then the second that I did, I was completely out like a light. And I had a feeling tomorrow was going to be a very good day for me.