Chapter 28

KELSEY

“What do you think, Princess?”

I put my bag on the bed in Chaz’s room and take in the changes. “You painted.”

“Thought maybe it would be nice to update it a bit before welcoming you home.” Chaz takes his hands from his pockets and reaches for me. I let him pull me closer to him and he presses his lips against my temple. “I’m so glad that you’re here.”

“I’m happy to be here too, Chaz.” I allow myself to melt into his body and listen to the steady beat of his heart. It was the same beat that helped me fall asleep for so many nights. I’ve missed it since I’ve been staying with Emory. I’m not sure why Chaz has a change of heart, but I’m glad he did. “Did you get a new dresser too?” I look over his shoulder and notice the dark wood dresser pushed against the wall.

“I did. The one I had in here before only had three drawers. This one is twice the size so it can fit anything that you don’t need to put in the closet.”

“All of these changes were for me, huh?” The answer was obvious, but it still made my heart skip a beat when he was talking about the two of us together.

“I’d do anything for you, Princess. Let me know if you need more closet space. I know it’s not that large. I can move some of my stuff into the other bedroom.”

“Chaz!” I laugh, “You really don’t need to do all of this. I don’t have that many clothes, you know that.”

“Maybe not right now, but you have a job, plus you know if you need anything you can always ask me.” Chaz moves his hand up slightly, moving the fabric of my t-shirt and letting his rough fingers move against my silky skin. “I’ve never been disappointed when I’ve given you some money to buy a few things.”

My hands rest against his chest, “That’s because I always manage to purchase something that you like just as much as I do.”

“Mmhmm, like I said, I’ve never been disappointed.” He leans down and captures my lips, tugging my bottom lip slightly with his teeth. I whimper in pleasure and press my body into his. I can feel his hardness pushing up against me and as I go to cup his dick, we both hear the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs. The two of us split up quickly and Chaz turns around to rearrange himself to hide the erection. 

I bite down on my lip to prevent myself from smiling too much when Beth enters the bedroom. “Hi, you two! Are you getting her settled in, Chaz?”

“Hey, Ma,” he replies with a strained voice. “We’re doing good up here. Did you need something?”

“No, no I didn’t,” Beth shakes her head, “Just checking up on you two.” Beth looks at me, “Did you like the paint color?”

“I do, Beth. It is beautiful in here.” I wrap one arm around her shoulder and share a small hug with her. “If I had to guess, I’d say it was probably your idea?”

“Once he told me that you were coming back, I knew we needed to update a few things in this drabby bachelor room. It needed to be more welcoming to a young lady.”

“Just so you know, I would have liked it no matter what. I appreciate you thinking about me though.”

“Always, sweetheart. I’m glad my sweet boy finally pulled the stick out of his ass and told you about his real feelings.”

I giggle, but Chaz groans on the other side of the room, “Seriously, Mom? The stick out of my ass?”

“I said what I said,” she quips. “I’m baking a taco pie for lunch. You’ll both be down to join me, right?”