One shot: First kiss

It wasn't that Yaku avoided affection when it came to Y/n. He gladly hugged the boy and they held hands while watching anime, he enjoyed all that. No, he loved all that. He loved when they laid on his bed and cuddled and spoke about their days. Y/n would usually rant about how one of their teachers was being mean or somehow unfair, some times he would complain about how Takahashi would leave him too much work- even though Yaku knew that Y/n rarely did any of his class rep duties.

He really loved those moments.

But that all raised the question: How come they haven't kissed yet?

They should've, right? It's been few months now.

"You're overthinking something, aren't you?" Kuroo questioned. They were making a small report in chemistry lab after an experiment.

"Just pay attention to your own report", Yaku murmured.

"It's about L/n-kun, isn't it?"

Yaku turned to his classmate, "Why are you so invested in my love life?"

"Because my perfect girl still hasn't walked into my life, so I live off your happiness at the moment".

"You're weird". Yaku turned away and stayed quiet for a while. "Anyway, we haven't kissed yet. In the ideal relationship I had in my mind we would begin by holding hands, then hugging and small kisses, then doing more personal stuff and then sleep in the same bed and stuff. We have kind of skipped the kissing thing all together".

"Real relationships aren't like ideal relationships", Kuroo reminded after getting over his disgust of listening to the infamous demon-senpai speak like that. "Besides, L/n-kun honestly isn't really touchy-feely, he even avoided my high-five few days ago".

"But we have cuddled and stuff, I wouldn't think kissing is a bigger deal".

...

"That's acceleration, not velocity", Kai looked at Y/n's maths task, "Also, where did you get that trajectory? It's definitely not right. Not even close".

"Even us geniuses have our bad days".

Kai was dumbfounded, "Genius you say..."

"Seriously though, why won't he kiss me?"

"What?" Kai quickly questioned, "Since when have you asked me for advice when it comes to your love life?"

"You're the only one I really trust here besides Mori-kun", Y/n told, his head down, a little ashamed to admit that he held Kai in such high regard and that he had so few friends.

"Isn't Kuroo really invested in your relationship?"

"Too invested", Y/n clarified, "He's way too invested. I rather ask you than him", he was firm.

Kai scratched his cheek, "Well, I don't know. Maybe he's too shy".

Y/n had a very different image of Yaku than most people, however, even in his head Yaku was far from shy. Sure, occasionally he acted a little shy, but not this much. He was a raging, child-sized- compared to most other players- demon. "I don't think he's being shy, can you imagine him being shy?"

Kai chuckled, "I guess not". They both began pondering. "Maybe he has something against exchanging saliva".

Y/n turned to him, horrified, "Please erase every picture you just got in your mind".

"I think I will", Kai grumbled, just as horrified.

"Maybe... hmm", he mumbled something incoherent, "Maybe that. Yeah, probably that".