Lack of social life

Only people that have asked Y/n why he had hard time navigating around the city were his parents and some relatives who knew of this struggle of his. It wasn't because he had hard time reading a map or following the instructions he was given but rather that he had no interest in it. Or maybe that was only an excuse since he had no reason to go anywhere, he had no friends to go out with as he used to.

But when Yaku asked the question he couldn't answer with that. It would sound... sad, maybe.

"... We moved recently", that was a lie, "I'll get used to the area soon. It's been just walking between home and school for a while now". That was somewhat the truth, but Yaku didn't need to know that.

"Ah, makes sense. Where did you live before?"

"Um... like five kilometres that direction", Y/n smiled pointing behind the with his thumb. "I don't know what it was called. Honestly I just know like the exact address, regions are so confusing".

Yaku laughed a little, "Well, I guess you don't use the train much then".

"I don't", Y/n confirmed with a little laugh as well.

...

Yaku opened the front door of a flat. Lights were on and two little boys came forward. Both of them had a similar red-ish hair and big brown eyes. The youngest couldn't be more than 10 years old. "Mum, dad!" Yaku yelled walking into the house after taking his shoes off and changing into slippers.

The two little boys remained in the hall looking at the new comer (apparently Yaku has two unnamed younger brothers). "Are you Mori-nii's friend?" the younger one asked.

"... I guess I am". Y/n didn't know the correct answer, but it would ease the mind of the little boys if he said that he was.

"I'm Yaku Kinnosuke", the older one told, "I'm already in 7th grade".

"Ah, you're already so old Kinnosuke-kun", Y/n told. He took off his shoes looking past the two boys trying to catch Yaku again. He truly wanted to know what was going to happen next. He looked at the boys again, the younger one was fiddling with his fingers while looking up at him. "What was your name?"

"I'm Masatake".

"That's a cool name", Y/n smiled.

"What's yours?" Masatake asked, as expected at some point.

"My name is L/n Y/n... L/n is my family name and Y/n is my given name". He had to explain that one too many times to people and now it was a habit that he added to his introduction.

"You talk funny", Masatake pointed out. Kinnosuke first looked at his brother before turning to see Y/n's reaction to see if he seemed offended.

"Oh, well, I'm from (country) and Japanese isn't my first language", Y/n slowly explained. He was once told he had some sort of dialect, which he guessed he learnt through his dad, but it was supposed to be gone by now. "If you don't understand something I say then just tell me".

"Why are you here?" Masatake then asked. Y/n guessed he understood what he had answered even though he didn't react to it.

"Well, I forgot my keys home and my dad's on a business trip and my mum doesn't live here".

"Kinno and Mori-nii do that too", Masatake revealed with a chirpy voice, "I never forget my keys".

"Haha, that's good. Keep that up". This was scary in a way. These kids were polite and curious and on the outside Y/n seemed like a gentle and calm student while on the inside he wanted to bang his head against the wall.

"Are you bullying L/n-san?" Yaku appeared behind the two boys as both of them shook their heads. After this his eyes raised to look at Y/n for confirmation.

"We were just casually chatting... Morisuke-san". it would be awkward so call him Yaku with two other people with the same family name present. "What did your parents say?"

Yaku took his time before even opening his mouth, "Dad is getting the futon out. You can sleep in my room... or living room, but I don't think it'd be a good idea".

...

Y/n ended up sitting on his futon in Yaku's room while scrolling through his phone. Yaku was washing up at the moment while Y/n was facing a problem; he had no change of clothes for the night. He didn't predict that he would be locked out of his own home this morning and therefore didn't pack nightwear.

Soon enough Yaku showed up at the door with a towel over his head as small water droplets fell down, "Masa and Kinno-kun are washing up right now, you can go after them".

Y/n nodded looking at his phone again. "Um, I have a small problem, Morisuke-san", he began.

"Oh? What's that?" he questioned sitting on his bed while drying his hair.

"I don't have anything to wear. I only have my uniform..."

"... Ah... I can see how that can be a problem". Yaku had a solution to this problem, but he was hesitating to say it. "Well, um, you could try to wear some of my clothes for the night...?Or even Masa-kun's, his clothes are a bit smaller".

"I think your clothes will do, I don't want to bother your brothers".