29.

Here we go..the moment of truth.

TW; SE*F H*RM

UNEDITED

Novalie:

"Pick up, pick up.." I groaned as I dialed Sage's number again. She texted me hours ago saying she was on her way back with Angel and to not let anyone into the house. I was so anxious, not even caring that this whole dynamic was fucked up. I just wanted everyone to be okay and to know what the hell happened.

"Novalie?" I heard a voice come from the back door and I turned to see Anita standing there with tears streaming down her face.

"H-how did you-"

"Did you know?" Anita asked as she slowly walked toward me. I grew confused, but I was terrified by the look on her bruised face. She kept stalking toward me, her eyes were crazy and it scared me.

"Know what?"

"About Angel. Did you know?"

"No. No I didn't. I didn't-"

"Then why haven't you answered my texts? Hm? You don't want me either? Huh? Is that what this is?" Anita growled quietly.

"Anita..Anita calm down, okay? I need you to take a deep breath."

"Don't..don't tell me what to do. Not you. You were supposed to be different. You were supposed to be my friend. It's like I'm not deserving. Clearly I'm undeserving right? I'm undeserving of children, of a loving partner, of friends, of family, right?" She sobbed hysterically as she snatched the pair of scissors from the table.

"Anita,..Anita put it down!"

"Novalie!" Sage yelled as both her and Angel ran through the door. Anita looked over and started laughing menacingly as the tears streamed uncontrollably down her face. I was completely petrified and confused on what was going on.

"Anita, Anita put it down-"

"No! Why? I lost you, I lost my baby, I lost everyone that was supposed to love me and care for me and now you think I should stop? Why?" She sobbed as she held the scissors to her arm. My entire body was trembling from fear and I looked at Sage who looked back at me with scared eyes.

"Anita, please. Please just...calm down for a second, ma."

"Oh fuck you. You just told me to go to hell and now you care?! Now you fùcking care?!" she yelled back at Angel.

"Anita, we care about you so much. You just need to tell us what's going on, okay?" I breathed as I walked toward her. She looked at me as she sobbed before shaking her head.

"I can't take it anymore. I can't..I try everything to feel better and it just doesn't work. I don't want to be here anymore but instead I just take it out on everyone else in hopes they'll just leave me the fuck alone so I can finally be free. I just want to go..I want my son, I want to be with him.." Anita wailed, before taking the scissors and stabbing them into her stomach causing all of us to scream.

"No! No! Anita!" Angel yelled as we all ran toward her. My hands were trembling as we laid her to the ground.

"D-don't touch it, don't touch it. Anita, you're going to be okay, okay? You're going to be okay." I cried as Angel spoke frantically on the phone. Sage scurried over with her first aid kit and I grabbed her hand.

"Sage, I don't know what's going on anymore but I'm scared. I thought she was going to kill me." I sobbed quietly. Sage wiped my face before looking down at Anita who was crying in pain.

"The ambulance are coming baby. They're coming, just...just hang in there. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Angel cried as they held their wife to their chest. Anita was now unconscious but she was still breathing, her wound bleeding terribly. My hands were covered in her blood and I wanted nothing more than to turn back time and make sure this never happened.

Any of it.

Communication and abandonment issues led to one of my friends hurting themselves in front of me. It's clear you never know people until it's too late. I feel like everyone around me has been suffering with their own issues, but we are too prideful to express it because of fear. We are nothing but damaged little kids who don't know how to have a true support system.

The thought alone made me cry again and as they wheeled Anita into the ambulance, Angel cried uncontrollably, pulling at their hair as they tried to calm down.

"I called pops, okay? Just breathe, she's going to be okay. She's going to be okay." Sage stated as she tried to calm Angel down. Angel shook their head and wiped their face.

"This is all my fault. We got into a bad fight and it must've just been the last straw for her. She hasn't been herself for a long time but I didn't know it was this fucking bad. This is all my fucking fault-"

"No it's not. You said it yourself, she hasn't been herself for a while now. It's clear something was already wrong. Please don't blame yourself for something you had no control over. Please." Sage whispered. Angel looked down at her with teary eyes and it caused me to look away. It wasn't the time for any of us to fight over who was who's anymore. This entire situation got out of hand and maybe Brooke was right.

Maybe we really did have some growing up to do. Maybe this entire time we could've figured this out without the fighting and the cursing, but it needed to happen. It needed to happen because it was long overdue. Things needed to be said in order for true colors to be exposed.

I just wished I knew what to believe.

"Okay, pops is gonna bring Adrien to the hospital. I have to go, fuck.. I don't have my car-"

"Angel. Angel stop stressing okay? We got you. I know you may not be used to hearing that but we got you, okay?" I breathed as I grabbed their hand. They looked down at me and their chin trembled before they nodded as they inhaled sharply.

"Let's go make sure my wife is okay."