40.

Unedited

Sage;

I love you. I can't wait for our trip.

I stared at the text message as the butterflies fluttered in my stomach and chest. We haven't been saying it to each other and I thought it was because she didn't feel the same way. But as I stared at the message I swallowed back tears as I resisted the urge to leave mid-class and make love to her over and over again until she was fighting me off.

We decided on a resort trip over the weekend to a spa. It was all inclusive, and I couldn't wait for her to see the villa I rented for us. I wanted to make sure she had a relaxing time. I wanted her to have fun and made a promise to myself to make sure that she did.

Just a few more do ays.

Since there was no school on Thursday and Friday since the campus was closed, we would be leaving Wednesday afternoon. I wanted nothing more than to be with her right now, but I knew she had to conquer this. And she will.

Class ended and I rushed to my car, driving home in a hurry because I wanted to make sure she was okay. I knew she was meeting her mom today and it was probably hard on her, and I wanted nothing more than to comfort her.

"Baby?" I called as I walked into the house and shut the door. I rushed upstairs and opened the bedroom door to see her asleep on the bed. She was half naked, curled up around the pillow as she snored softly. I sighed and kicked off my shoes and clothes before crawling onto the bed, wrapping my arms around her waist causing her to hum softly.

"I missed you." She crooked sleepily as she cuddled into me. Her warmth radiated against me and I hummed as I leaned in and kissed her face.

"And I miss you. How did it go?" I asked as I rubbed her naked torso with my hands. She sighed and groaned before smushing her face in the crook of my neck.

"She tried to bribe me with money. I told her that if she messes up with Claire she's on her own. I'm not cleaning up her messes anymore. Just..too much. But I do feel slightly relieved I guess. Telling her how I felt helped."

"I'm glad to hear that. Remember, one day at a time." I breathed. Novalie nodded before looking up at me as she caressed the side of my face.

"How are you? I feel like I haven't checked in with you. I've been wallowing in self pity-"

"Oh stop. I'm good baby. You have a lot going on, you can't keep caring for everyone else before yourself. I am fine. I promise." And it was the truth. Besides hurting because she was hurting, I was okay. I was sleeping better and my anxiety has been under control.

"Just two more days and we're free from this garbage for a while." Novalie grumbled causing me to chuckle with a nod.

"Nothing but mimosas on the beach."

"And you..naked, hopefully." She giggled causing me to roll my eyes with a blush plastered on my cheeks.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for you mixed with alcohol. You're already always horny." I chuckled as I spanked her slightly causing her to moan with a gasp.

"Well..we'll just have to see about that then. My period is pretty much finished, so. Condoms."

"Ten steps ahead of you. Already in my suitcase."

"If you're going to your mothers house, let me know. I don't need you sneaking around and getting yourself hurt just because you're mad. You let Brooke know everything you're doing. I don't care if it's to go to a study group. You tell her." Novalie stated to Claire who just nodded. They still weren't back to normal, but I could tell that Novalie was slowly letting go which eased the tension.

"Alright. Have a safe trip." Claire breathed quietly before walking to her room and shutting the door. Novalie swallowed hard but smiled at both Brooke and I.

"Don't worry, I've got her. What she doesn't tell you, I'll tell you." Brooke breathed with a smile. Novalie nodded and hugged Brooke before stepping out. I handed Brooke my keys and shut the door, walking to the car and opening the door for Novalie.

"You okay?" I asked as I slipped into the Uber and she nodded before staring out of the window as the drive started.

"I just can't wait to get there."

"Well..in a few hours we will land and we can do whatever you want."

"Whatever?" She asked as she ran a hand down my chest. I nodded and she smirked before leaning in and kissing me softly. I kissed her back and she chuckled before pulling away.

"I'll hold you to that promise."

We reached the airport and went through TSA before boarding the plane. I was grateful we didn't have to wait, Novalie immediately knocking out the moment we sat in our seats. It made me smile as I watched her start her relaxation and I couldn't wait for her to see the island.

We were going to the Bahamas. I've only been once while I was deployed and it was absolutely amazing. I couldn't wait to see her in her bikini laying next to the water. I wanted nothing more than for this to be the most relaxing trip she could have. She deserved every bit of a break and I wanted her glowing by the time we came back home.

The flight wasn't too bad considering I ended up falling asleep soon after take off. We were now on our way to the villa, Novalie sipping her complimentary drink that they handed us the moment we landed while staring out of the window with wide eyes. I couldn't help but admire her, and watched as she cooed in amazement as we drove passed the ocean.

"The water is so clear. Oh my gosh. I bet it's cold too." Novalie beamed as she looked over at me. I could tell she was already feeling better and I grinned widely as I leaned in and kissed the side of her face.

"Well..our resort is on a private beach. So you'll be able to go anytime you'd like during our stay."

"Oh my gosh, that's so..Sage you went all out!"

"The best deserves the best."