14.

Novalie;

"So this is the same lady that was at the supermarket? Nova why didn't you tell me you were gay?" Claire asked as she continued to watch me do my makeup from the bed.

"Girl, get out of my business. I never said it was a date, but yes it's her. We're just friends."

"So then why are you all dressed up?"

"It's a formal event."

"I want to see her before you leave. I'll size her up-"

"Claire." I laughed as I turned around to look at her. She shrugged with a grin on her face and I giggled before rolling my eyes and standing up.

"How do I look?"

"If she's just a friend, why do you care?"

"Girl...answer the question."

"You look beautiful, Novie." I smiled and turned to look in the mirror again. I did my best to create an elegant look, the cream colored silk dress hugging my body greatly. My makeup was light and airy, my lips a dark red color. My hair was slicked back in a bun, my earrings the diamond studs I had since I was a little girl.

It was one of the only memories I had of my mother, along with the necklace that stopped just above my cleavage.

(That's her & the outfit

(That's her & the outfit.)

"Okay, I'll tell her to come upstairs. But that's it, okay? Don't say anything stupid or I'll beat you up."

"Okay, okay. What jacket are you wearing?" She asked as she stood from the bed and walked over to the closet. I shrugged and watched as she dug inside and smirked while pulling out my beige trench coat.

"You only use this for work, but it'll go nice with your outfit and this bag." She handed me my white Michael Kors clutch and I chuckled while smiling appreciatively.

"Thanks, babe. I think it goes well too." My phone chimed and I swallowed hard as I grabbed it, looking down with a smile.

I'm here, sweetheart. - S.

Come up. Apt. 3A. Almost done - N.

"Okay, you remember to lock the door and put the padlock if she has people over here, okay?" I asked as we both walked to the living room. She nodded and grinned as the doorbell rang and I swallowed hard. I opened it and nearly passed out at the sight in front of me.

There Sage stood in a black power suit that exposed her tatted cleavage. Her makeup was smoky, but not too heavy. Her hair was in a high bun, and she stood in black heels that complimented her outfit.

"Holy shit." We both breathed at the same time, causing our eyes to meet each other's. Her cheeks turned red and I'm sure if I was lighter, mine would have to. She looked absolutely amazing and I couldn't help but take another look.