4.

COMMENTS.

Sage;

"Please write down the key points that are on the projector. These are major things that you need to know for your first exam. The lecture and the lab go hand in hand. What you learn here is applied in the labs." I watched as the door opened, Novalie walking in with a cup of coffee and a donut causing me to smile. I was glad she took my advice and hoped that she stayed up for the lecture.

I wanted all of my students to succeed, but Novalie shocked me in the lab. I could tell she was smart and I wanted her to get her money's worth.

I watched as she sat down and pulled out the syllabus, flipping it to the back causing me to sigh. It was a class requirement to have a notebook, yet she seems to be content with writing on the back of her two page syllabus. I didn't let it bother me any longer, continuing on with my lecture.

She was up for most of it, writing abruptly on her syllabus as I explained the chapter that we were focused on. I gave them definitions and applied it to the lesson that I was presenting. I noticed she started to crash toward the end, slapping herself awake and chewing on a piece of gum to try to remain present. But she started to decline as I started to wrap up the lesson, her head slumping forward as she crashed, falling asleep.

Damn it. Am I that boring?

Everyone dashed past the sleeping student, leaving it my responsibility yet again to wake her up. I packed my things and walked up the stairs, tapping her shoulder but she didn't budge.

"Ms. Carter." She still didn't budge and I grew a little concerned, slowly placing my bag down and shaking her awake. She didn't move and I bent down, placing my hand on her pulse to make sure she was breathing.

She was, and the relief washed over my body as I stared at the sleeping student. She was beautiful, her cheekbones raised slightly. She had a small button nose, her lips full and shaped wonderfully. I admired her for a second, before starting to shake her awake again.

Her eyes fluttered open and she yelped from my face being so close to hers causing me to flinch, holding her chest as as she sat up while looking around the empty room. Her eyes met mine and slowly grew disappointed as she realized that she yet again, fell asleep during my class.

"I'm sorry.." She whispered, the tears welling in her eyes causing me to swallow hard. I sighed and stood up, watching as she grabbed her things and stood. She was a little bit shorter than me, at least by two inches.

"Just get some sleep before the next class, Novalie. This will affect your grade."

She nodded and walked off in a hurry, leaving me alone as I sighed before walking out of the room and shutting the door. I only had two classes to teach on Monday's, being grateful for the break as I walked to my car. I slipped inside and drove home, wanting nothing more than to lay down and take a nap.

Naps were the only way I could get any sort of rest without the nightmares. It was better than not sleeping at all, though some days were like that. But today wasn't as I took off my clothes and slipped under my comforter, falling into a dreamless nap.

I wasn't sure how long I slept, but I knew it was a while as I woke up to the sound of crickets from outside of my window. The moonlight shined through my window and I groaned as I sat up slowly, running a hand down my face before grabbing my phone.

7:15pm.

"Damn. Definitely not going to sleep now." I groaned before looking through my text messages.

'Dinner?' - B.

I sighed at the text message as I contemplated my response. I haven't seen Brooke in a while. She was one of my closest friends, but after she got married and had her son, we haven't hung out as much. Her husband was a real piece of work, always grilling me as if I was trying to take his wife from him.