Do I regret it? No.

He had it coming when he decided to raise his voice at me, when he dared to touch Heaven with his corrupted hands. I still feel my fingers bolting into fist because of his limp face breathing. I'd be better if I just had killed him. Anyway, his fate is close, if not today then one day for sure.

"Kian... Kian!! Oh God! " Heaven cried out his name as she tried to get a response out of his unconscious body.

A frown appeared on my face to see her anywhere near him. This is what she doesn't understand. Everything is not what it looks like, sometimes the ones whom we think of as victims are the one deserving of that fate, the worst fate of all.

Her face was out of shine in fear, like seized by the night. Her eyes trembled when they met my gaze.

And then she claims to have seen the world. This is nothing. A whole of this filthy picture is waiting and it'll turn way grotesque if she tries to run away without caution.

I took out my phone and called my management to take him away from here. I'll deal with the rest later.

I stepped forward to where Heaven knelt on the floor, trying to figure out if he's alive. Her actions seemed more of impulsive, controlled by her naive thoughts.

I offered her my hand. She glared up at me, her eyes hinted of terror and unease with redness of rebellion. She was against all of this but couldn't mouth her revolt. Her chest rising and sinking in paced motion as she looked away, standing up.

"Oh God! What happened here-? " the girl, who I suppose was Heaven's assistant, ran upto us but her voice vanished as soon as she noticed me standing beside them.

"Mr. Lozano... I- I'm sorry... Boss. Is everything alright.? " she stuttered, clutching her fingers tightly around the files.

Even before I'd take an interest in answering her, Heaven's feeble, weak voice echoed in ripples through the silence.

"Harper! Please call some help.... Kian.. He's barely breathing. "

While they both panicked, looking around, my men arrived, escorting that scum out.

"W-What even happened to him? He looks drained of blood and breath. " Harper exclaimed, fixing her tone as she stood beside Heaven.

Nothing's happened yet. He's been escorted to the hospital for now but the next time he's anywhere near my sight, I'll make sure to make it his final escort.

Just when my nerves seemed to relax, Heaven turned around with her face painted in shade of disgust and questions. She looked right through me, demanding an answer for this.

Her eyes were powerful than words can ever be. Everything that she has in her heart, reflects like crystal in her eyes like the luminous beams of light, painted those feelings themselves.

"Excuse me for a bit, Harper. I'll be in my office in a moment. " she uttered softly, but her eyes were still intertwined with mine. Not even a line of annoyance but I could read it all in her body language.

I had to break this vicious force that draws me out of focus. I know she's unknowingly excellent at it.

Turning around, I decided to walk back to the conference room. Only if I could, this easily, just walk away while a glinting pair of divine purity and innocence is digging right through my dark soul, I would.

But, I had to turn around to acknowledge her. She took a step closer but still kept her distance as if in distrust.

"Why did you do that? You could've killed him. "