Chapter 14: (I'm) Koming Over Koming Over... Might It...?

"WEEKEND EVENT!" Lumine screamed the moment Aether opened his dorm room at 8:00AM in the morning. Breakfast on the weekends was starting at 8:00AM to 10:00AM.

Aether grimaced at the sound. "I think Albedo and Thoma are still asleep," he said, feeling extremely bad for them. "And maybe Xiao."

"Adepti don't sleep," Xiao grumbled, randomly walking into the living room and seeming very, very annoyed at Lumine.

"Oops." Aether shook his head. "But why did you have to yell?"

"BECAUSE-"

Aether clapped a hand over her mouth. "Quieter, please."

Lumine looked about ready to murder him, removing his hand from her mouth herself. "Fine. Teams are random. It's a maze thing. Teams of four, eight teams in the maze at a time."

"Oh, that," Gorou called out from the sofa, munching on seafood ramen. "I'll watch you guys. Dr. Baizhu told me not to get involved in anything semi-dangerous for the weekend, since I got a concussion."

"Xiaooo, what about you? Gonna come?" asked Lumine. Xiao gave a simple nod.

"Okay! I got Kokomi to agree, too!"

She had a large smile on her face. "I'm going to breakfast. See you later!" Aether closed the door on her only a moment later, enjoying the blissful peace that followed.

Aether sighed, going back to his room and getting dressed. He also woke Thoma for breakfast, asking much more calmly than Lumine if he wanted to participate in the maze event, to which he agreed. Albedo also responded with a yes later that morning.

A/N This is what the twins were wearing this day:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone participating in the event wrote their name on a piece of paper, dropping it into a box that Ms. Rana placed at the entrance of the maze. The astonishing part was that the maze had appeared to be completely changed overnight, still made of bushes but was now covered by a tarp on top, and had multiple entrances.

For our first round, we Team 1: Aether, Chongyun, Nahida, and Ei."

"Oh we're dead," Lumine said dramatically, watching Ei eye her teammates, definitely judging how she had ended up with three, one who should be in fifth grade.

"Team 2: Cyno, Tighnari, Fischl, and Candace."

"Even more dead," Heizou sighed. Despite having gotten himself injured the day before, he did not have a concussion and only bruised his ribs, so he insisted on participating.

"Team 3: Kazuha, Scaramouche, Keqing, and Yoimiya."

Yoimiya looked ecstatic, while Kazuha eyed her warily as she started jumping up and down next to a girl with purple hair that was tied to look like cat ears on her head. Scaramouche did not seem very happy with this team combo.