Chapter 8: Kaboom And Zen... Unfortunately, (Klee) Has A (bomb)

A/N Long chapter incoming... I've been speedrunning these chapters dang-

The twins left after the conversation had wrapped up, and although they were both still buzzing with curiosity at the attack, they were more excited for their first class. Or, they would have been, if it wasn't-

"WE HAVE ALGEBRA FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!!!" Lumine shrieked, glaring at her paper as if she wanted to rip it to shreds.

Aether still felt a bit numb after their conversation with Heizou, Kaeya, and Amber. He still strongly felt sure that Xiao was innocent, but... what if he wasn't? Theoretically, he really didn't know Xiao well, but Aether was a good judge of character, so unless Xiao had been acting the whole time he'd known him (which, he had to be honest, wasn't very long), Aether couldn't come up with any scenarios where Xiao injured himself in an act.

Lumine snapped in his face, making him wake up from his daze. "What?" he asked, rubbing one of his eyes sleepily.

"WE HAVE ALGEBRA FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!" she repeated, with almost the same vigor as the last scream. "This is the worst thing ever."

Footsteps caught up behind them as they walked down the courtyard to the school building. "Hey!" Heizou shouted as he finally caught up to them. "We have algebra now! We better be quick before Mr. Aurelius comes in! If we're not in by the time the bell rings, he'll count us late. And it's... well, pretty bad to be tardy on your first day."

A/N Aurelius is an NPC in Genshin that I randomly found on the wiki. Many of the teachers are random NPCs I found on the wiki, because I kind of don't want to add OCs unless absolutely necessary. Personalities of NPCs will likely be different unless I know of their personality (I'll be honest, while I am AR 55, I haven't played much recently, and I'm real bad at remembering NPCs).

The trio started sprinting to the high school building, darting past the front door and getting a scold from Ei for running down the hallways. It took Aether a few moments after running past Ei to realize-

"Wait, we forgot our backpacks, Lumine..."

Heizou had a duffel bag slung around his shoulder, and upon hearing Aether's words, facepalmed. "No time to run to the dorm building. You can borrow my stuff if necessary. Just borrow from some classmates for the rest of the periods until lunch."

They continued fast-walking (as they didn't want another lecture about hallway safety) when Lumine ran into someone head on.

"Oh! Xiao! And... Shenhe, right?"

In addition to running into them, lo and behold, they were both holding Aether and Lumine's backpacks.

"You left this on the sofa," Xiao said simply, dropping it into Aether's hand, proceeding in the same direction that the twins and Heizou had been heading.

"You did the same," said Shenhe coldly to Lumine, but was a bit more gentle than Xiao and handed it to Lumine. She continued past the trio without a single hint of emotion ever crawling across her face.

"Well, you two are the luckiest pair I've ever met," Heizou whispered to both of them. "Well, Mr. Aurelius's classroom is just a few more doors away. We have two minutes to spare, as well!"

They made it in class about thirty seconds before the bell rang. The twins couldn't tell if they were surprised that Xiao was there as well, or not, as well as Amber beside him. To their surprise, on the other hand, Gorou, Kazuha, Ayaka, Yoimiya, and Xiangling were also inside. Of course, there were many other unfamiliar faces in the class that both the twins itched to get to know, but they joined the rest of their classmates near the back of the room.