Chapter 4: Everyone Inside!

Third Person POV

The convenience store looked almost exactly like a typical grocery store, except there was only one checkout counter.

Sucrose appeared to be right when she said that the convenience store wouldn't be crowded, because other than a few stray students examining the shelves, they were the only ones there. Except a few extra friends that had apparently tagged along with their groups.

Kazuha and Xingqiu had brought a kid named Chongyun, who had light ice-blue hair with similar colored eyes with slitted pupils. He wore a simple T-shirt and shorts, and despite his clothing, looked like he was overheating. Aether had been surprised to find Albedo scanning the convenience store's art section for more charcoal, and Amber had invited Sucrose.

"Mr. Albedo!" Sucrose shrieked, well, the closest her voice could get to a shriek, rushing over to his side and giving him a small hug from over his shoulders. "I've missed you over the summer! You have no idea how many times I ran into questions in my experiments!"

Albedo gave a short chuckle and a very small smile to her. "I could only have assumed so. I was just about to find you myself."

"Guys! Um, this is my best friend, Albedo!" Sucrose beckoned to Amber, Lumine, and Kokomi.

Albedo murmured to himself, "For once, it's not "Mr. Albedo"."

"I just, uh, thought it would be more awkward if I called you that in an introduction like that, Mr. Albedo!" Sucrose clapped her hand on her mouth. "Well, that ended fast. I don't think I'll ever break that habit."

"It's alright," Albedo sighed, selecting a new piece of charcoal from the shelf. "I'll be in the art section if you need to find me." He started to walk away when Sucrose stopped him.

"Wait! What do we use in the whopperflower nectar to make it fizzle?" Sucrose questioned with a curious look.

"Hmm... I would grind up some spectral husks and give that a try. Make sure it's from an anemo spectral. A geo one will simply dissolve with no result other than discoloration."

"And to make it bubble?"

"Mix sweetflower nectar, violetgrass, and a few everflame seeds and slowly pour it in as you mix it."

Sucrose gave him a tiny delighted smile, her eyes brightening. "Oh! I think I added that mixture too quickly. No wonder it just spilled over."

"Uh, I hate to cut in, but none of us are alchemy masters. What in the world are you talking about?" Aether asked, flicking the tip of his braid. "Also, is that how to get Albedo to talk? Anything about alchemy?"

"I spoke to you earlier," Albedo silently grumbled under his breath before turning around and heading deeper into the convenience store.

"Oh! You're roommates?" Sucrose asked him.

"Me, Thoma, Gorou, and Xiao are with him."

"Oh. Xiao."

"What's wrong with that?" Aether questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"No- nothing! Just, they have a bit of a bad history." She turned back to her roommates. "You know the thing I told you about Eula and Albedo? Something related to that got Xiao involved. And someone else. I can't remember their name."

"Perhaps it was Childe? He gets into mischief often. He keeps vandalizing the library books," Xingqiu suggested without looking up from his Art of War book.

"No, it wasn't him. I would have remembered."

Before anyone else said anything on the Eula-Albedo-Xiao topic, Gorou exclaimed, "Kokomi! Here's the seafood ramen I was talking about!" He was next to a shelf, his tail wagging, pointing to a shelf with racks full of instant ramen.