Chapter 22

You, Zach, Gray and Claire all relaxed on the seats. While Gray slept beside Claire, you and Zach huddled together. Both your fingers intertwined, reminiscing on previous events. Around you, there were other survivors. Some of them were fine while others were severely injured. You thought about all the others that didn't make it. It was sad but there was nothing else that could be done.

"Hey, look," Claire said, catching the boys' attention. "It's your parents."

You saw the man and the woman approach them cautiously. The woman was crying while the man was on the verge of tears. You loosened yourself so that Zach and Gray could be reunited with them. The last thing you saw was his dad giving Zach a hug. It made you think of your dad, and all the missed opportunities you could've had with him.

"Hey," Donnie's voice caught your attention. "You made it."

"Yep," You nodded solemnly.

"Thank god it's over." He sighed.

"Well, not quite," You noted, "Hoskins is dead, but we still need to find Wu. He's still out there with the DNA."

"Yeah, I know." Donnie frowned before smiling a little. "But, hey, at least you completed your first mission. We gotta celebrate!" 

"I'm taking a long ass nap as my celebration." You smirked.

"You deserve it." You heard your mom say. You flinched at her sudden appearance. 

"What are you doing here?" You finally asked.

"I'm here to pick up my son." She smiled, "I'm so glad you're alive."

"I knew I could do it." You smiled proudly while crossing your arms. "Now I can go on more missions, right?"

"Absolutely," Your mom nodded. "But as you said, you need rest."

You beamed brighter. You always dreamed of this moment, and now it was finally coming true. You then sighed softly. "I'm guessing Donnie told you all the details." You stated, watching him chat with another guy.

"And, Barry too." She added, "He told me about how you helped out two boys."

You then turned back to look at the brothers. A soft smile appeared when your gaze was on Zach. "I had to help them." You stared back at your mom. "They needed me."

"I figured as much." Your mom agreed with a smile. "I'm glad that you did."

"Do you think Dad would be proud?" You asked, your voice was soft.

"He was proud of you before you were even born." She smiled sadly, caressing your face. "He's probably ten times more proud now."

Tears began trickling down your eyes. Dad is proud of me, you thought to yourself with a smile. As you wiped them away, you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around and saw it was Zach. Your mom excused herself so that you two could be alone.

"Hey," Zach smiled shyly, pushing his hands into his pockets.

"Hi," You grinned back. Your heart was beating.

"I just wanted to say thank you for helping us, and, um," He stuttered, "I, um, uh, I really like you, and I was hoping that I can, um, get your number and--"

You leaned in and then kissed him again. However, this time, Zach was ready. You wrapped your arms around his waist as he held your face tenderly. The kiss lasted a little bit longer, but eventually, he let go. Both of you had smiles on your faces.

"Yeah," You beamed, "You can have my number and then we can go out on dates too."

"That's...awesome." Zach breathed out a smile. Despite being surrounded by many people, it felt like you two were the only ones in there. You couldn't wait to do all those things you'd promised. You couldn't wait to start on new missions either. You knew that one day you'd have to tell Zach about your double life, but for now, you wanted to enjoy the moment with him at Jurassic World.

A/N: Omg!! This fic is over. I actually can't believe it!! It felt like days ago I started this story and now it's ending. I started this fic, hoping to rewrite it but also thinking I wouldn't make it past the first chapter. But, here we are. I also had a sequel in my original Zach x Reader book, but I'm not gonna put it in here because it's cringe. 

The rewritten version and the original had a lot of differences. The first one is the gender of the reader. The reader was female in the original while in this version the reader is male.

Just imagine Zach and Reader having a healthy relationship, and Reader living in the same State as Zach but far away. And, eventually, Reader tells Zach about his spy life. Zach would be shocked about it at first, but since he loves you/Reader so much he'd slowly adjust to it. 

Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for reading, voting and commenting on this story. It really means a lot that you like my books. I had plans to replace another fic and write a new one in its place, but I don't really have any ideas at the moment so I'm just gonna rest.