Chapter 13

"What do you think is gonna happen if you just keep staring at him?" Gray asked loudly, gesturing his thumb at you. Zach flinched with how loud he was talking. In reality, he was gazing at you, but he didn't think it was that obvious. His face flushed. Thankfully, you weren't paying attention.

"Geez, what the hell dude." He grumbled, averting his eyes away.

"I'm just stating facts." Gray pointed out. His voice was now quieter. "Also, it's kinda obvious that you--"

"Shut up, Gray!" Zach scolded in a hushed tone. Gray shook his head before focusing on something else. The Gyrospheres finally arrived as the worker unlocked the chain. The three of you went in and then sat on the seats. Gray was on the right, Zach was on the left and you were in the middle. Operating the joystick, Zach began moving forward.

"Where are they?" Gray asked. His tone was impatient yet excited.

"I'm sure they'll--" You were interrupted by the sounds of loud bellowing. Zach gasped, seeing many different kinds of herbivorous dinosaurs. As Gray snapped some photos, the Gyrosphere gave out another notification.

"Come on, I think we can spare a few more minutes," Zach stated, noticing Gray's, and especially, your sadness.

"But, they said to go back," Gray replied.

"Nah, we'll be fine." He dismissed his brother's concern.

"I don't know Zach." You said, sounding uncertain. "Maybe, we should listen to the screen."

"Don't worry," Zach replied gently, looking at you. "We'll be fine."

There was a tinge of worry on your face when he said that, but he meant every word. He wanted Gray to have the full dinosaur experience, and for you to be impressed by him. As he moved the joystick forward, he noticed a broken gate up ahead.

"Whoa, off-road." Zach gasped, "We gotta check it out."

"We definitely cannot go in there." You stopped him. "It looks dangerous."

"I agree." Gray nodded sheepishly. "We'll also get arrested if they catch us."

"This could be a part of the Jurassic World experience." He insisted.

"But--"

"Plus, we have special wristbands." Zach added, "We're practically VIP dude."

"But, this is unauthorized territory." You rebutted while Zach rolled the Gyrosphere inside. Through the trees, he could see four dinosaurs grazing on the leaves.

"See," Zach pointed at them. "Up close and personal with four dinosaurses."

"Ankylosaurus." Gray corrected his brother. "We shouldn't even be here, and they're five dinosaurs."

"Aren't you supposed to be a genius or something?" Zach asked confusedly. "It's four."

"F-five." Gray stuttered, pointing at the reflection. Zach's eyes widened when he saw the hybrid for the very first time. She raised her head as she began to snarl loudly. Her gaze then shifted towards the Ankylosaurus. The hybrid moved her feet, causing the Gyrosphere to roll as well. Gray screamed as Zach was trying to regain control, but the Ankylosaurus shoved everyone towards the side. He spun into a tree as the dinosaur and Ankylosaurus began to fight. There was a tussle between the two animals, but the hybrid won and the herbivore died.

"Zach!" You hollered, "Get us out of here!"

"I'm trying!" He shouted, fidgeting with the joystick.

"We're safe in here, right?" Gray asked breathlessly.

"Yeah, totally." Zach nodded, still operating the Gyrosphere. He froze when he heard his phone buzz. Looking up, he saw that his aunt was calling. You tried to grab it, but the creature was now staring intensely at you. She cracked a hole in the Gyrosphere and rolled everyone upwards.

She growled and then clamped her jaws on the glass. The three of you unclipped the seatbelts and then slipped out the cracked exit that she made. Gray ran up ahead with Zach sprinting behind but stopped when he saw that you didn't follow. He saw you just standing there while the hybrid struggled with the Gyrosphere.

"What are you doing?!" Zach yelled.

"Just go!" You ordered, "I got this!"

"Are you crazy?!" He screamed but then froze at your sudden growth. He noticed your muscles getting larger. He watched your face elongate while gaining newfound claws. You grew a tail and then sharp teeth. Zach's jaw dropped when seeing the final results. It was clear that you weren't entirely human.

You were one of them.

Zach covered his ears when he heard you roar.

Now it was your turn to fight.