Chapter 21

"So, that's how it is, huh?" Owen asked as Blue gave a low growl. He then slowly lowered his gun down before Blue approached him. Owen held out his hand and then caressed Blue's neck. A click was heard and you saw that he unclipped the device that was attached on to her. Blue gazed at Owen before giving him a reassuring chitter, indicating that she was back on the human's side.

The moment was cut short when you heard a loud roar in the distance. Coming through the buildings, you saw the hybrid appear. The ground shook as she came closer. She immediately noticed the raptors and then roared again. Blue stared back at Owen one more time before hissing at the hybrid.

Blue then leaped towards her, but the hybrid just swatted her away. Both Delta and Echo growled, angry that she hurt their sister. Owen whistled, giving them the signal before they attacked. As the three carnivores fought, everyone ran and hid inside the shop. Only Owen stayed behind, helping the raptors by shooting down the hybrid. Both Zach and Gray huddled together while you and Claire peeked outside.

"24, 15." Gray started to count. "We need more."

You and Claire both stared at him. 

"More what?" Claire asked.

"Teeth." He clarified, "We need more teeth."

Claire opened the first aid kit and then grabbed a flame stick.

"Okay, just wait here." She whispered, breathing in between. "It's gonna be fine."

You all nodded as she ran away. When she left, you still watched the fight. It didn't seem like it was going all too well. You saw Delta get killed while Echo was barely hanging on. You took a deep breath and then walked out of the shop.

"What are you doing?" Zach asked, holding you back.

"I'm gonna go help them out." You stared back at him.

"But, that thing will kill you." He raised his voice a little.

"Don't worry." You reassured him. "I fought her once. I think I can do it again."

"But," Zach paused. A fearful expression appeared on his face while his voice grew soft. "I don't want to lose you."

You then caressed his cheek gently. As your thumb stroked his skin, Zach's face immediately turned red. You leaned in and then kissed his lips. Zach's jaw dropped as you let go. In the open, you saw the hybrid throw Echo into the stove. You watched as the flames burned her alive. You recoiled in horror before glaring at her.

Your transformation was complete and then you roared, gaining her attention. She growled back before charging at you. Speed was still your ally as you ran around to distract her. You also used your teeth and claws to scratch her skin. Despite her hollering in pain, she still managed to catch you in her jaws and then toss you to the other side. You landed on the floor with a thud. You then watched her open her jaws. She was about to kill you until she heard another roar.

It was the T-Rex.

While the hybrid was distracted, you transformed back into a human. You struggled, slowly getting up to see Owen, Zach and Gray come to your aid. They all helped you up and then you ran behind a rock where Claire was. It turns out that Claire got the T-Rex while you fought the hybrid. Looking back, you saw that the T-Rex was on the verge of getting killed. That is until you heard a loud chirp.

It was Blue.

She snarled and then charged straight towards the hybrid. Blue jumped on the hybrid's back and then began clawing at her. While she was preoccupied, the T-Rex got up and then resumed fighting. The battle continued on until the hybrid fell down breaking the gates. She roared, ready to attack but the Mosasaurus jumped up, grabbed her by the neck, and then pulled her down into the water.

The T-Rex then turned to face Blue. There was a silence between them before she trampled away. Blue then stared at Owen. He nodded letting her go so that she could be free. Blue's eyes widened a bit before trotting into the forest. Everyone watched her go until she was completely gone.

A/N: I have one more chapter left before this fanfic ends.