Chapter 14

Opening your mouth, you clamped your jaw down on the hybrid's arm. She roared in pain as you deepened the bite. To retaliate, she used her other hand to scratch you with her claws. You let go and then dodged her multiple attacks. She snapped her jaw and then chased after you. Speed was your ally so you were able to avoid her. You weren't sure if you could defeat her, but at least Zach and Gray were gone.

During the battle, you noticed a small tree. You used your head and then pushed it forward. As she charged towards you, the tree cracked falling on top of her. She growled as the tree landed with a thud. You then slowly shrunk down to size. Your dinosaur features returned back to your human self. You then ran to see where Zach and Gray were. You had finally found them, staring down at the waterfall.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! NEXT YEAR?!" You screamed, gaining their attention. "JUMP!"

You pushed them in and then jumped in afterwards. You felt your body being submerged into the cold water. As the boys were swimming upwards, you were sinking downwards. You did your best to keep up, but it was no use. You were exhausted and your eyes slowly closed.

This was it. You were gonna die.

You then felt an arm wrap around you. You knew it was Zach, but the water blurred your vision. He held you as the hybrid looked down into the water. She stared for a while hoping that you would pop up. When no one came out, she roared in defeat before trampling away. You all immediately took a breath once out of the water.

"We jumped." Gray gasped as he crawled to shore. "We actually jumped."

"And, I swam." The realization hit you. Looking at your arms, you noticed your suit was on.

"Is everyone okay?" Gray asked. 

"I'm fine." You said. 

"You...you!" Zach managed to say. You knew that he had no words. You couldn't really blame him though.

"I know." You sighed, nodding.

"Dinosaur!" He exclaimed, "You...turned into a dinosaur!" 

"Really?!" Gray questioned excitedly. "Can I see?"

"NO!" Zach shouted.

"Look," You paused, watching Zach almost hyperventilate. "I've always had this ability, ever since I was seven."

"Oh...oh my god!" Zach panicked, touching his temples.

"And, because of you, we're trapped in the middle of the forest." You continued, controlling your anger. 

"Hey, I didn't expect this to happen!" Zach rebutted.

"You did go into unwanted territory." You narrowed your eyes at Zach, causing him to shut up immediately. You then sighed. "Listen we don't have time to stick around. We have to leave right now." 

You all got up from the ground. Wiping the mud off your suit, you and the boys began to move. You were no longer investigating Hoskins. Your new mission was to bring the boys back to safety.

***

"Does this mean you can talk to dinosaurs?" Gray inquired, walking through the forest. Ever since he found out he had been asking a lot of questions.

"Well, no, not at the moment." You replied, "I still have much to learn about dinosaur communication."

"But, all they do is roar." Zach mumbled. He sounded calm after saying that. "What's there to understand anyways?"

"Different types of sounds mean different types of things." You explained, "When they're loud, it means that they're either defending themselves or it's a warning. Sometimes it's shrill, meaning they're in trouble or scared."

"Does that mean your Mom fucked a dinosaur?" He asked bluntly. Your eyes widened, covering Gray's ears quickly.

"My Mom did not fuck a dinosaur." Warmth then rushed to your cheeks. "They were both humans, dude!"

"Oh, because I figured--"

"No, to whatever you were gonna say."

"But--"

"Stop talking!"

"Come on, you didn't even let me finish my sentence," Zach slightly pouted.

"I know what you're gonna ask." You sighed, "You want to know if dinosaurs have genitals." 

"Well, do they?" He inquired.

"They have genitals just as much as you do." You said. 

"Sweet." Zach smiled slightly. He then heard a noise in the distance. "It's getting dark. We need to find some shelter soon."