Reiner and Bertholdt looked back at the smoke signals.

Bertholdt: They're close.

Eren: (thoughts) What are they talking about? They still plan on clearing out before sundown or not?

Bertholdt: Please, let's just be done. The next time we come, we'll take all three. Annie, Krista, and that. It'll be clean and simple. Then we won't have to came here anymore.

Reiner: Right. And we'll have completed our dream mission. Just do me a favor, Huh?

Reiner put his hand on Bertholdt's shoulder.

Reiner: Once we're home, try telling Annie how you really feel.

Bertholdt took a step back, shocked by the question.

Bertholdt: What's that supposed to mean?

Reiner: Ugh. Come on. I've seen the way you stare at her.

Bertholdt: I don't stare!

Reiner: Bertholdt, please, life's short enough as it is. Just go for it, 'kay? Besides, you're both killer so she understands where your head is.

Reiner used his ODM to reach the branch that Eren and Ymir were on.

Eren: What're you two doing now? I thought we were waiting till dark.

Reiner: There's been a slight change of plans. I'm gonna ask you nicely not to try to put up a fight.

Eren: Easy. There's no need for us to get all violent. It's not like I can resist like this. I mean, take a look at me. Just, calm down, okay?

Eren backed away and then he elbowed Reiner, knocking him over. After that he got on top of him and continued elbowing him in the face.

Eren: Die! Die! Die! Die! Die, you evil-!

Reiner kicked Eren in the gut, knocking him back. Reiner got behind Eren and held him in a headlock.

Eren: Bastard! I'll-I'll kill you! I'll rip you apart!

While all of the chaos was going down, Ymir and Bertholdt sat on the branch, watching Eren and Reiner.

Ymir: Explain to me why we're leaving early.

Bertholdt: Ymir. When you changed back into a human, d'you have any memory of the person you ate?

Ymir: Huh. No, not really. We're talking about something that happened five years ago. But the way you're asking. I'm guessing that it was someone you knew?

Bertholdt had no response.

Ymir: I see. Then I'm, uh, sorry for not remembering.

Bertholdt: Hey, it's not your fault that you don't. It was the same for Reiner and me.

Ymir: Yeah?

Bertholdt: Eren doesn't remember either.

Ymir: Is that how it works? You hold that against me?

Bertholdt: I don't think so. I mean. I don't know. Suppose I have to believe you didn't want to eat anyone. How, uh, how long were you wandering outside the walls?

Ymir: Oh, about sixty years. Hell on Earth. Every day was like waking up into a nightmare.

With Erwin

*Gunshot*

Erwin looked to the right to see a red smoke signals.

Levi: Red smoke signal, sir.

Erwin fired a signal to the left, but more red signals showed up.

Erwin: The hell? There were Titans straight ahead, too.