Chapter 4: The Overwatch Strike Team

Começar do início

====================

Excerpt from a biographical novel written about the early years of the Overwatch Strike Team, detailing the members who originally founded the team and important milestones, Overwatch: Origins (Harold Wilson, 2070)

"Reinhardt Wilhelm. An incredibly interesting individual when looking back upon the history of Overwatch. Starting out as a German 'Crusader' and finding much success there, in which he formed strong brotherly bonds, especially with his commander Balderich Von Alder. Contemporaries have described Wilhelm's personality before the battle of Eichenwalde as 'brash and foolhardy', only fighting for 'glory for the Crusaders'. However, we can clearly see that he cared about his team members, especially after the death of his friend Balderich, in which he sought to join Overwatch out of a sense of unwavering loyalty, despite being cited as calling Overwatch some 'secret organisation' where no glory is to be found."

====================

Audio extract from a confidential, but leaked, tape recording the interview for Reinhardt Wilhelm, before he was made a member of the Overwatch Strike Force. (GERMAN BUNDESWEHR, 2046)

Reinhardt: "AH MY FRIEND, WHAT IS WITH ALL THIS STANDING ABOUT?"

Interviewer: "Hello Mr. Wilhelm, it's nice to finally meet you. I've been hearing a lot about you."

Reinhardt: "ALL GOOD I ASSUME!" 

Interviewer: "Well some good, some not so good. I've been told about you're combat prowess."

Reinhardt: "GUILTY AS CHARGED!"

Interviewer: "Yes, they say that you fight with great joy and enthusiasm. However, I've also heard that you have a reckless streak, how would you respond?"

Reinhardt: "NONSENSE! I AM TRULY ENAMOURED IN THE HEAT OF THE BATTLE! Though sometimes I may get slightly carried away...BUT I AM A  TRUE WARRIOR, FIGHTING FOR HONOUR AND GLORY!"

Interviewer: "Okay... Well, final question, what is your general feeling towards Omnics?"

Reinhardt: "FOUL CREATIONS, A PLAGUE UPON OUR WORLD. I VOW TO NEVER YIELD UNTIL I VANQUISH THE OMNIC THREAT! FOR WHAT THEY DID TO BALDERICH, THEY SHALL KNOW MY FURY!"

====================

Excerpt from a biographical novel written about the early years of the Overwatch Strike Team, detailing the members who originally founded the team and important milestones, Overwatch: Origins (Harold Wilson, 2070)

"Torbjörn Lindholme, known as one of the greatest engineering minds of a generation. Famous far before the Omnic Crisis, Lindholme was quite infamous for his ground breaking defence system designs that countries around the globe sought after. However, Lindholme's ethics seemed in contrast with his profession as he always believed that technology should be used for the betterment of society rather than for the advancement of any singular group. Furthermore, Lindholme, seems to have somewhat predicted the disaster that would occur only years later, as he had a deep and genuine distrust for artificial intelligence, denouncing it far before the Omnic Crisis. Lindholme has been described as one of the most important assets Overwatch had at its disposal and that Overwatch had one of the strongest arsenals while he was at its helm."

====================

— Audio extract from a confidential, but leaked, tape recording the interview for Torbjorn Lindholme, before he was made a member of the Overwatch Strike Force. (SWEDISH ARMED FORCES 2046)

Lindholme: "I don't trust this organisation that you are putting together, giving a group of individuals unlimited power and authority to do whatever they wish across the entire world!"