Chapter 41

I can't sleep at all. I swear something is watching me. It's nearly 1 in the morning, but this stupid motel room is scaring the crap out of me. Tobias fell asleep hours ago leaving me to my creeptastic thoughts. I sigh heavily and unwrap myself from Tobias's grip, maybe a drink of water will help. I grab the empty tea bottle from yesterday and walk quietly to the small bathroom that reeks. I fill up my bottle with yellowish water and drink it trying not to gag.

"Tris?" I jump and turn around to find Tobias staring at me sleepily.

"I didn't mean to wake you, I can't sleep." I say sheepishly and he sighs.

"You should really sleep, come on." He acts as a parent as he leads me back to the bed and secures me under the covers.

"Can we turn on the lamp?" I ask avoiding his eyes and he obliges by walking over to the light.

"I think the power went out.." Tobias yawns and I frown. He climbs next to me and holds me like before. "Go to sleep." He mumbles in my ear.

I close my eyes and try to think how a couple of months ago I was with my complete family.

"Get up." A gruff voice booms and my eyes snap open. I gasp at the sight of my 'dad' smirking in front of me with a gun.

"W-hat?" I stutter not understanding what is going on. When I stand up I realize Tobias is gone and I start to shake afraid. He wouldn't just leave me.

"Looking for your boyfriend? Do you really think he would stay with a slut like you? Ha. You don't deserve to live like your mother who didn't either." My dad chuckles darkly and my eyes start to tear up. He looks at me with a sickening grins and steps to the side. I start sobbing at the sight of my mom on the floor with blood pooling around her.

"No!" I scream, but my dad turn his head and points the gun at me.

"Everyone is better off without you."

I sit up in the bed and and wrap my arms around my knees. It was just a dream. A dream. A dream. No matter how many times I told myself I couldn't get it through me head.

"Babe." Tobias is awakened by my sobs and grips my chin, forcing me to look at him through my tears.

"I thought you l-left.." I stammer and his mouth flickers into a frown.

"Leave? Never." He reassures and pulls me into a hug.

"What time is it?" I murmur in his shirt and he turns his head towards the clock.

"Almost 4.." Tobias yawns and I feel guilty for waking him up. Wiping my tears, I pull away to try the lamp again

"It's still out." I bite my lip and slip back under the covers with Tobias following my actions.

"Sorry for waking you again." I apologize.

"You can wake me anytime you want." He gives me a lopsided grin and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." I yawn as tiredness catches up with me. We go back to our earlier sleeping position and in minutes I fall back asleep.

"Tris..Tris.....Hey.." I feel someone poking me in the side and I swat at the source.

"What?" I groan squinting at the light that is shining into the room.

"I'm hungry.. can we go get breakfast?" Tobias complains whining.