Chapter 40

*Tobias's POV*

I honestly do not want to go home to my dad, especailly with Tris. I know she knows about my dad, but I still cannot bring her into his life.

"'I'm pretty sure you took a wrong turn." Tris points out looking behind us.

"No, I remember going this way." I lie, trying to stall getting back.

"Check your GPS." She tells me and I sigh then pull out my phone.

"My phones dead." I lie again and Tris groans.

"I don't have any service!" She leans out the window and holds her phone in the air.

"Can you look in the glovebox for a map?" I ask Tris as she slides back into her seat. I watch her out of the corner of my eye and she pushes her hair back.

"Keep your eyes on the road hun." I focus back on the road quickly at her words and my ears got hot.

"I'm just making sure that ladybug on your head doesn't come near me." I play it off and her eyes widen.

"What the hell?!?" She squeals and swats at her head. Tris grabs the map she found and waves it around her, before she could react the map flew out of the window.

"Tris!" I scold and she looks at me sheepishly.

"My bad, but you know I loathe ladybugs." She says picking through her hair. I guess it was my fault for telling her that.

"Well it looks like we won't make it back before sundown.." I gesture towards the sun setting.

"Guess not. How much money do you have?" Her question catches me off gaurd and I keep one hand on the wheel then reach for my wallet in my back pocket.

"Um, about $75." I reply flipping through bills.

"I got $50. Maybe we should find a motel or somthing then find the way home when it's light tomorrow." She suggests.

"Okay. Tell me if you see any signs indicating towns or something." I agree relieved we weren't going back tonignt.

Tris stares out the window and I can't stop looking at her as the wind blows through her long hair.

"Tobias Eaten. I know you are staring at me and there isn't a ladybug on my head." She giggles after a few minutes and faces me.

"I like to look at beautiful things." I give her a cheesy smile and she blushes.

"Is that why you always look in the mirror?" She teases and I frown.

"I'm not beautiful, I'm sexy." I wiggle my eyebrows amd she throws her head back laughing.

"Hey! What's that say?" She shouts suddenly pointing to a sign in the distance and I squint trying to read it.

"Um, it says Covert Springs in 4 miles." I answer and speed up a little.

"Fianlly!" Tris exclaims and leans back in her seat. No later than five minutes we were poling into a rundown town. I stop at a near gas station to ask for directions.

"Want to get out with me?" I ask Tris and she nods unbuckling.

There is an old man at the counter with colorful hair. He looks so familier. Tris tells me she is going to get us somthing to drink and I walk up to the counter.

"Do you know where the nearest hotel is?" I ask approaching and he grins.

"Why there is one down the road to the right." Even his voice is familier. I thank him and walk off to find Tris. She is by the coolers with her back to me grabbing a tea so I sneak behind her grabbing her and covering her mouth.

"Mmmmmm!" She jumps and squrims in my arms.

"Relax." I mummer in her ear and she slowly stops moving knowing its me. I spin her around smirking. Before she can scold me I kiss her. Tris leans more into the kiss, melting agaisnt me. As if resisting she pushes on my chest, but doesn't pull away yet.

"You scared me." She mumbles, pushing me away lightly and I chuckle. We make our way up to the counter and she puts up the two rasberry teas.

"Wh-Steve!" Tris squeals looking up at the old man with colorful hair. Steve. That's his name!

"Hello, Tris." He greets friendly and scans our stuff.

"You kind of disappeared a few days ago.." Tris points out.

"I discovered this small town and fell in love. Your total is $2.89." Steve tells us and I pull out my wallet.

"Well, its nice seeing you." Tris say politlely like always and he nods smiling. We grab our purchase and walk out hand in hand.

"There's a hotel close." I inform Tris. "Luckily." I add.

"That's good, I'm exhausted." She dramaticaly states. I follow the directions the old man gave me and I frown at our destination. Its a old run down motel with only two cars in the parking lot.

"Please say this isn't it." Tris bites her lip.

"Can't" I give her an apologetic look and she shivers.

"We are going to get fricken possesed here." She pouts and I chuckle.

"No we aren't , now let's go." I tell her and grab her bag she brought from her house earlier. We lace hands when she's by my side and walk towards the entrance. The front doors lead to a stain carpeted area where a lady is standing behind a counter smoking.

"Need something?" The lady asks coughing from the smoke.

"Can we have a room for the night?" Tris speaks up and the lady raises her eyebrows.

"I see what's going on. When I was in college, I had many lovers. Almost every night we would get a room and-"

"Is there a room?" I cut her off knowing where it was going.

"Plenty. $112 a night." She gestures toward a hallway and I scoff. It should be $20 a night due to its conditions.

"Never mind." I mutter and turn around with Tris to walk out.

"You won't find another place to stay around here." The lady's gruff voice taunts and Tris looks up at me.

"Fine." Tris and I put some money together and the lady smirks, snatching it.

"Room is C666." She said without us checking in or signing anything. I grab the key and we start walking to the room.

"No way in hell I'm staying in a room with those numbers." Tris states frowning.

"Just for one night." I remind her and she rolls her eyes. Once we reach the room and open it, Tris freezes aruptly. There is one bed in the middle of the room with old bedding, the white walls had water damage along with the ceiling and the room had a moldy smell to it.

"Nope." She grabs her bag from me and turns around to leave.

"Tris come on, don't be difficult." I beg for her to come in and she sighs in defeat.

"I better fall asleep fast." She mumbles and throws her stuff to the ground before climbing into the bed. I slip in next to her and wrap my arms around her. The bed starts to creak as she turns to face me closely.

"Its been a crazy day." She whispers when I move to flip the lamp off by me.

"Yeah." I agree.

"I'm scared.." She closes her eyes.

"Nothing creepy is in this room." I reassure her chuckling.

"No, I'm scared of what's going to happen in the future." She breathes out and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Don't be. As long as I'm in it, which I always will be, nothimg will ever happen to you." I tell her and she smiles before falling asleep completely.

Get ready for some plot twisters in the next chapter!!
Would you stay in that motel room?
Feel free to message me with ideas or improvements.
Shoutout to itss_kaareen go read her Divergent Story!!

60 votes and 30 comments for next chapter!
Comment, Vote, and Follow!!!!