Lets not let the cat outta the bag

Ivys pov

It was the weekend and Fury had a meeting. And for some reason he wouldnt trust me home alone! So I was being dragged the compound! Boring! I dont even get to meet the Avengers. I mean I know Clint/Hawkeye through tutoring, but still!

I was sitting in Bruce's lab, since he knows I exist, watching Owl House.(good show, go watch it) It had already been a couple hours and they still had stuff to talk about. How? I had no clue. He has spinny chairs. I had fallen out of them multiple times. But spinny chair.

All of a sudden, interrupting my Bad but Sad boy have an emotional breakdown, I got a notification. "Large fire breaks out in Queens. Spiderman no where in sight." I may have fallen out of my chair again.

Pausing the emotional crisis, I sprint through the compound, weaving through the few people here and there. When I reach the room, i look through the window slightly to see that it was the right one because that would be very embarrassing if it wasnt. Seeing it's the right room, I swing open the door.

Furry Furry Furry. I sign, my fingers flying.

All the eyes in the room go onto me. Clint looks super confused, no doubt I'll be asked. Bruce looks confused but no doubt isnt bothered. Fury looks confused, and angry. The anger caused me to pause a moment.

"We're in the middle of a meeting, Ivy." He says, trying to not sound annoyed.

Middle. This things been going on for hours. Anyways. I have to go. I will be back. Probably. And then I wave goodbye and sprint back out.

I heard a chorus of "what"s and "who's that?"s ring from the room and a sigh which probably came from Fury.

____________________________________

With my mask on and my hair up, I run over to the police. I had my sticky notes and pen out already so I could write my conversation.

"Hey! You're that hero! Dandelion?" I hear someone in the crowd say, drawing everyone's attention to me.

I stand infront of the fire and police people and hand them a sticky note.

"To our knowledge, theres 3 people left in there. 3rd floor. I think it's a family." One of the fire people say.

With a nod, I run towards the building.

"The buildings growing unstable! You have to work fast!" Someone behind me calls.

And with that lovely warning, I'm in.

The mask helped lower the amount of smoke I inhaled a bit, but not a lot. I was sweating within seconds, the building super hot. I stopped for a second, closing my eyes and listening. After a moment I could hear yelling.

I picked my way through the obstacle course of a burning building towards the yelling.

I find three people. They look terrified, understandably so, and relieved. I try to signal them to follow me, my sticky notes wouldnt survive very long in here. They got up and follow me to a window. I kick it open and look down. The distance to the ground was way to far. We wouldnt survive that drop. I tried to think of what I could do. I exhaled and concentrated, using all of my will to create a vine ling enough to safely get us down.

I held onto the vine, throwing one end out of the window. I looked at the family and at the vine. They seemed to get the message. The parents looked terrified, but the kid, who couldnt be more than ten, had a solid resolve. He climbed out first followed by his mom and then his dad.

I sank down, trying to keep the vine alive and in one piece. A few minutes later I could feel weight leaving the vine. One, two three. The vine was as light as a vine. The celing above me crashed.

I'm taking that as my cue to go.

I jump out. The wind against my skin. The ground growing closer and closer. The mass of people. It felt exhilarating. As I neared the ground I rolled landing not so gracefully on my butt.

I stood up dusting myself off. I was still overheated. And with the mask I couldnt catch a clear breath of air. I waved at the camera crew as they surrounded me. I slowly backed away before turning and going full sprint towards Audreys.

____________________________________

I was now laying on Audrey's bed. Surrounded by fans. Eating a popsicle.

"You cooler now?" Audrey asks bringing an ice pack in.

Slightly.

"Good. I'll grab the burn medicine and Tylenol for any of your burns." She says exiting the room again.

A minute later she comes back with a couple water bottles and a package of stuff. She sits beside me on the bed, handing me a water and the Tylenol, and starts putting the burn medicine on my burns. Her cool skin felt so soft compared to my baked opposite. She was so gentle, not applying to much pressure but just enough. Soon I was healing and cooling.

"You should text Fury to let him know where you are. Ya know, since you just left without an explanation of where you were going." She says.

Well that would be an awkward conversation. Hi Furry I happen to be the Dandelion and am about to go into a burning building.

"Ok, ok. I see your point. But still, text him so he knows. Or I'm kicking you out into the hot sun." She says meanly.

Sighing, I sit up and walk out of her room to the kitchen. I open the fridge and take out my now cold phone.

Furry

PoisonIvy
Hey👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 so dont worry that bald head of yours😌 I'm perfectly safe and alive at Auds😁

Furry
I wondered where you were! All the Avengers wanted to know who you are. Clint already knows apparently? So I had to tell them! Because theres literally a room full of people trained to be able to tell when you lie!!!!

PoisonIvy
Sorry😖 she had an emergency and needed Ivy support

Furry
Its fine, kid. Just make sure you come home tonight. So I can have some proof of that alive-ness.😁.

PoisonIvy
O MY GODS! HES EVOLVING! FURRY YOURE EVOLVING!😁😁😁😱😱😱😱🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🕺💃🕺💃🕺💃🕺💅💅💅💅💅💅😎😎😎😎😎👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Furry
Ok then, have fun with Audrey!

PoisonIvy
I will! Bah bah Furry👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Furry
Bye bye Ivy👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

I put the phone back in the fridge to keep cooling. And walked back to Audrey.

"What'd he say?" She asks.

He just wants me to make sure I come home tonight. I sign.

"Guess we've got a lot more burn medicine to apply."