Lifes going

Ivy's pov

I was eventually freed and I started to live with Furry. It was much better than my last house. Not that the bar was very high. I still was in the school district for my school, so that's good I guess. I still work at Wendy's. I get free chicken! I had to explain what happened to Audrey, ya that wasnt fun, she almost went psycho. But anyways, on with the story.

I sat in math, looking at the last problem on this work sheet. "5³(7×w²)=_ if w= 48" The crap is this?! This isnt English. Did I have tutoring yesterday? No? YES THAT MEANS I CAN HAVE HELP!

"Ivy, will you please stop tapping your pencil!" Ms. Everett said. "I'm trying to help another student." I stopped to signal I heard.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. And then it vibrated a couple more times. Audrey's in class. Bruce only texts me to make sure I'm still alive. So it would probably be Fury. I looked up at Ms. Everett to see if she was watching, still helping the student with her back to me.

I slid the phone out of my pocket and quickly open it up. I had new messages from Furry.

                         Furry

Furry
Who are you? How do you have the directors number?

PoisonIvy
Furry you ok?🧐 Did you snort some of the no-no-sno?😱 If I cant neither can you!😤

Furry
Furry? What, are you five?

PoisonIvy
5 and 3/4s thank you very much😌

PoisonIvy
Oop gotta run before Everett catches me👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

Furry
What! Kid, I dont know how you have Furys number! Or if you're a danger!

PoisonIvy
Gods! give me your number and I'll answer questions later! I've got to go before she catches me on my phone!

Furry
(Insert random number)

PoisonIvy
Bah👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

I put the phone back and picked the pencil up and acted like I was thinking very hard, just as she walked by my desk. I let out a small sigh of relief and continued to try to think. But my mind was distracted by the texts I got. Either Furry had a bit to much No-no-sno, or someone had gotten a hold of his phone. It might've been one of the Avengers. He had a meeting with them today. That's kinda hilarious. I'm going to have to text that number and find out which one did it.

____________________________________

               ~ring ring ring~

The bell finally rang. I still couldnt figure out that problem. Dont judge me, I'm not the brightest lightbulb. I made my way to the library and wave to acknowledge Clint.

"Hey, hows life been going?" He asks.

It's been going. I sign sitting down.

"I feel you. How much do we have today?"

I pull out the stuff I dont have done. The math sheet from earlier on top. I flip the page over to show the problem. Help this problem is killing me.

With a chuckle he starts explaining,"5³(7×w²)=_ if w= 48, ok so first 7×48², because of PEMDAS. And then keep multiplying and you'll get your answer which is?" (Ya sorry if this is wrong I happen to be a reading brained child whose brain does not compute this math)

2016000. I sign, very uncertain.

"Ya! You got it! Great job!" He exclaims looking like the definition of pure joy.

____________________________________

I walk up to the house from the bus stop, feeling like I'm being watched. I keep looking around but I dont see anyone and I cant feel anyone disturbing the bushes. The habit of fear building up when I enter my house didnt help my breathing slow.

I fumble with my keys and get the door open. Furry not home yet, he said itd be about another hour. I should be alone, but I still feel stalked. I get the door unlocked and slid in locking it back immediately. I put my backpack on a hook and go to the kitchen.

My heart was still beating rapidly. I grabbed a bottle of water and made my way to my room.

Sitting on my bed. The house is too quiet. I turn on some classical music on my spotify, classical seemed to calm me. And I texted Audrey.

                       OddAud

PoisonIvy
Audrey can you talk?

OddAud
Ya, what's wrong?

PoisonIvy
I was walking into the house and I felt like I was being watched and I still do and I'm panicking and Furrys not home itll be another hour before he gets back

OddAud
Hey it's ok, no one is watching you. No one is going to hurt you. Breathe in 4 seconds, hold for 2, release for 6. If you need me just tell me and I'll come over.

PoisonIvy
🥺could you come over, I'm lonely🙏

OddAud
I'm coming, just give me a minute

PoisonIvy
Yay!🥳

I quickly walked to the living room so I could hear when she knocked. I pulled open Wattpad to wait.

                 ~knock knock~

I put the phone down and unlocked the door, opening it to let Audrey in.

Hey glad you made it.

"You, my friend, were in need of human contact, so I had to come save you." She says with a smile.

Thanks. I smile back.(the snack that smiles back, Goldfish!)

We sit on the couch and play minecraft for the rest of the hour, her presence calming me down.

____________________________________

The door handle clicks then turns, signaling Furrys finally back. He looks over at me and Audrey, heads together over our phones.

"What's happening here?" He asks.

"Hi Mr. Fury." Audrey greets.

Hi.

"Got it. Friendship stuff." He says going to his office to put his bag down.

"Hey wait, are you staying over?" Furry calls, sounding slightly scared.

"No." Audrey laughs. "Just keeping Ives company while she was alone."

"K great," he says before mumbling something that sounded very much like swearing.

Word count: 1007