Josh moved his mouth away from the spoon when I brought it towards him, "Do you really expect me to eat when you'll have to remain hungry?"

"I'm not hungry. I'll be fine." A lie. But he needed the strength more than I did. Especially because I had promised his father that I would bring his son back safely. "But you won't be unless your body gets something inside. So, open up and finish this before it goes cold."

"Vivian..." he looked at me with pleading eyes.

It was damn hard to resist his puppy dog eyes, "I promise I'm fine, Josh. I'll be even better if you eat."

He sighed but didn't reject me this time. No sooner was he done, a sound from outside alerted us of someone's presence. My heart leaped into my throat. I immediately grabbed the knife Braden gave to me and stood behind the door, ready to attack anyone who entered.

The door opened and I had our visitor in a headlock, a knife against their throat, within three seconds.

"A very good morning to you, Vivian."

It was Braden.

He was alone.

"Glad to see you both are still here and alive." He rubbed a hand to massage his neck and with his other hand, reached into his pocket. I raised the knife again. "Relax, if I wanted to kill you, you both would've already been dead."

He had a point.

Hesitantly, I lowered my knife as he took out two vials out of his pocket. It was the counteractive, the same as the one he gave us yesterday.

He walked past me to Josh on the sofa who was surprisingly sitting upright now.

Deep down I knew his body would be in an extrenous amount of pain because of the strain on his back but his usually cerulean, playful eyes were cold and calculating as they eagerly assessed Braden, showing no sign of weakness.

Defintely Alpha blooded, if anyone had any doubts before.

Just like before, but this time without me asking him, Braden opened the vials and took a sip from each, his eyes catching mine in the process.

I knew he was silently asking for permission. I nodded at both him and Josh, the latter who was a bit reluctant to drink the suspicious looking concoction but caved in once I took my own dose.

With my arms crossed, I leaned against the door, "Are you going to tell us what is going on now or do we have to do some more waiting?"

"Tell you?" A lazy smile spread across his face, "How about I show you?"

----

Three hours later, we were walking in the same forest. By 'we', I meant Braden and I.

It only took Braden fifteen minutes of hearing Josh's groans before he picked him up against his wishes and carried him for the rest of our journey.

Josh complained for an entire hour and only stopped when I threatened to leave him in the cabin and go with Braden alone.

As we navigated our way towards our destination, my eyes took a second to bask in nature's beauty - the tall and proud trees, the daffodils swaying in the gentle breeze. The deeper we went into the forest, the more fragrant it became. I lifted my face and let the light and shadow dance across my skin.

It felt like a decade had passed since the last time I was out even though it had been just a day.

Along the way, Braden had to cut through lush branches and grasses to clear a path for us as we walked into an endless abyss of trees.