9. The invitation to Viratnagar

**A few days later**

Dai Maa hurried to attend to the ringing doorbell of Veer's grand mansion.

Meera and Veer's post wedding rituals had concluded. Veer was returning back to his college in a day or two, with Meera and Dai Maa, to complete his final semester.

Khushi also learnt that his medical college was a stone's throw away from the borders of Viratnagar kingdom. So, Veer had rented a home for Meera and Dai Maa at Viratnagar itself, for a few months.

Furthermore, Meera had been on the top of the world since a few days, after she was selected for admission at a top college in Viratnagar. She kept blabbering the entire day about how she cleared her entrance exam, and interview, with excellent grades.

Khushi couldn't disapprove her success in any way. As much as a spoilt brat Meera was, there was no denying her intelligence and talent.

The departure of Veer and Meera, would also mark the end for Khushi and Dhwani's mini vacation, at the Ratnakar Mansion. Meera still experienced difficulty walking, but Veer had everything sorted. He had arranged a maid, who would help Dai Maa and Meera with the daily household chores.

"Namastey," Dai Maa stood with folded hands, "Please come inside."

"Mom," Meera yelped in happiness, as she limped towards her parents with open arms.

Mrs. Agarwal enfolded Meera into a warm embrace as she stepped inside the house. Veer followed behind his wife, and respectfully touched her parent's feet.

Khushi folded her hands from a distance as she met her parent's cold gazes. She was assigned to take care of Meera and Dhwani. But, after the incident at the forest, she was the one who had needed immediate medical attention.

Her wound had healed considerably by now, and she no longer limped like Meera did. Nonetheless, Dai Maa and Sneha, didn't let her do any of the housework but rest amply.

"Khushi," her father called out for her.

"I need to talk to you for a minute," he signalled her to follow him.

"Yes, father."

Khushi apprehensively made her way, behind her father to a corner of the living hall. Normally, she never had a proper conversation with him. Whatever she did have, were substantial and precise. So, she wondered nervously, what news he was going to blast on her now.

"The Pratidhwani orphanage people had arrived at our house, two days back. They wanted to invite you to the Viratnagar branch," he announced bluntly.

Khushi blinked at him puzzled.

"The kingdom of Viratnagar is going to organise the celebrated musical week in a few months, an inter-kingdom music and dance championship, for the kids, and their coaches."

Khushi definitely had heard about this spectacular competition, held every five years. It was attended by illustrious personalities of royal heritages, from all over the world. She also had a dream of representing her orphanage with the talented orphan kids, because the orphanage couldn't afford to invest money on a professional trainer, other than their own branch.

Whereas now, she wasn't very sure.

The past week had certainly taken a toll over her. The suspicion over Vineet Jiju, the harrowing flashbacks of the dungeon, and Shaurya's weird behaviour to her, had been hovering unbashedly in her mind. The thoughts perturbed Khushi to a considerable extent, mostly because, not a soul knew about the kidnapping to the secret dungeon, except her and Shaurya.

Moreover, Shaurya had convinced her to not invite obvious danger to their families, by reporting about the kidnap to the corrupt police of Sadhnapur. He alleged that the police most certainly were aware of the dungeons.