XIII

.ೃ࿐ A small bar in Chicago .ೃ࿐

Valentine didn't know how she ended up in a car with Damon and Elena on their way to Chicago

Valentine didn't know how she ended up in a car with Damon and Elena on their way to Chicago. But honestly she never regretted something more in her life. The constant tension, the back and forth bantering, she couldn't take it any more it was annoying.

"Its an antique Damon, like you" Elena responded as Valentine let a laugh spill out of her lips as Damon looked at her though the mirror and said " Keep laughing all you want Valentine, but I am the best antique there is"

This made Valentine return to her bad mood.

Suddenly, he reaches to the floor behind his seat pulling out a journal looking book as he hands it to Elena " Read this, paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience in Chicago"

"Its Stefan's diary, I am not going to invade his privacy" Elena says as Valentine rolls her eyes and says " Well, he won't know if you don't tell him plus diary's are always fun to read."

"Mhmm, need to be prepared for what you're about to see" Damon tells her as Elena replies " I have seen Stefan in his darkest period, I can handle it..."

That's that last thing Valentine hears before drifting off to a dreamless sleep.

                                           ✧.*

Soon she was awoken by Elena they made their way up an apartment complex filled with dust. It looked untouched, uncared for almost abandoned. Elena and Valentine looked around as Valentine sneezed at the dust reaching at her nostrils. Elena jumped in surprise as she giggled at Valentine as the younger girl shoved her shoulder in annoyance.

Damon let a drunken looking smile reach his lips as he heard the giggles of the girl he admired the most.

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this?" Elena asked as Damon reached a plain white front door, which Valentine assumed lead to Stefan apartment.

Damon suddenly snapped back into reality as Elena's question reached his ears. "There used to be an all-girls highschool around the corner...but it shut down due to attendance issues. Weird." Damon replied as Valentine grimaced and said " Soo he was one of those vampires?"

Damon nodded as he reached for the door handle, Elena said " If you are trying to scare me into giving up, and going back its not going to work" Damon looked at the older sister and lifted a finger to his lips as he let out a quiet "shh."

Damon broke the door handle and opened the door as Valentine rolled her eyes and signed at the obvious tension between the vampire and the girl. As they walked into dust particles swam through the air as Valentine watched with a disgusted look on her face at the uncared place.

"Here we are, Stefan's second-personality home" Damon introduced the two girls as Elena touched a shelve the looked older than both of them combined. "He obviously hasn't been here" Elena said as Valentine said " Well I hope not because where ever Stefan is now, Klaus isn't to far behind him, speaking of which Klaus always sounded like he knew Stefan personally. Know anything about that Damon?"