🝮C H A P T E R 23🝮

Merlea was hosting a sleepover at her house while her parents were away for the weekend, she invited everyone including Nabi from the astronomy store

Merlea was hosting a sleepover at her house while her parents were away for the weekend, she invited everyone including Nabi from the astronomy store. We'd basically split the house in two because it was originally supposed to just be a girl's night but Merlea decided she wanted to include the boys too. Dramatically Nabi and Sora decided that the boys weren't allowed to cross onto our side and we weren't allowed to cross over onto theirs. We were upstairs and they were downstairs, camping out in the living room.

Merlea's bedroom was a direct reflection of her, bright pinks and whites, everything was sparkly and dainty. Her sheets were decorated with strawberries and she had fluffy pillows everywhere and a gorgeous nightstand.

I had agreed to this, yes, I admit rather enthusiastically, because I wanted to please the girls. In reality, I was hoping to get some quality time in with my boyfriend. Look, Sailor and I spent most of the time that we knew each other as friends before anything else ever happened. So it's normal for us to go days, maybe even a week without doing couple stuff. We do this especially to be considerate to our siblings to get used to the idea of us being together. We were always around my family as well as Sora, So we never really had time to be just us. I was hoping to get more time in but no such luck, I guess we were just going to have to deal with it.

I wore a pair of white pyjama shorts and Haru's Celine hoodie that I had gladly claimed ownership of after that night in the woods. We're seated on Lea's bed trying to organise the endless selection of nail polish, sorting them out from jellies to mattes. I had just come to the realization that I had never done anything like this before, having a sleepover with girlfriends and just being completely submerged in my femininity. It was nice, to have this kind of relationship with the women around me. I lost my mom when I was eleven and so I never really had anyone to teach me what it meant to be a woman. I had learned to define it myself, despite often being confused when others masculinized dark-skinned black women, even when you were the most girly girl out there. It hurt, a lot but eventually I learned to drown out the unwanted opinions of others.