Chapter 67: Sewers of Berlin, Under the Berlin Wall 1960

Marion braced her shoulders and jumped the flames. 

Dyistock had his eyes on her.

Emily went for Indy's hidden weapon.

The shot went wild... echoing horrifically in the small space.

The bullet ricocheted off the stone walls.

Indy pinned Emily to the floor, shielding her.

Marion landed, swinging in for a punch and was blocked by Dyistock. He back handed her, knocking her to the ground beside Indy.

"Should have used the whip," Emily muttered.

Marion's hand covered her face where Dyistock had hit her.

Indy moved toward her, sliding his hand over hers. "Marion, are you all right?"

"I haven't lost any teeth," she grumbled, while pressing her face into Indy's hand. 

Indy got the message, she was trying to be tough for Dyistock, but she wanted him to be tender. Which meant, this time he might have a chance to make things right between them... if he didn't feel the need to run off on some crazy adventure.

Indy growled and got to his feet, standing between Dyistock and his wife and daughter. "You bastard!" he growled. "You wanted a fight - they weren't in the war! You deal with me!"

"No, Dr. Jones," Dyistock held the gun steady. "You can't remember the combination... so I am going to send you to find this mysterious Mac. If you're late, they burn to death or suffocate from smoke inhalation. The scroll will be fine. The safe is fireproof."

Dyistock tossed a pair of handcuffs to Emily and Marion. "Put those on."

Indy watched in helpless horror as Emily and Marion handcuffed each other, back to back. 

"Go Dr. Jones!" Dyistock ordered.

"I love you both," Indy whispered to Marion and Emily.

He turned to Dyistock. "When I get back - I'm gonna kill you."