Chapter 57: Safe House, American Sector, Berlin Germany 1960

Indy was standing with a cup of coffee, watching the bed where Emily slept.

Marion came over to him, placing her chin on his shoulder. "Jones, I'm glad we got a break."

Indy chuckled. "I should have just stuck with you, Marion instead of chasing everything... artifacts, women, treasure hunts, spies...."

"You can still chase your grandkids when we get them back."

Indy rubbed his forehead. "Grandkids. I'm barely used to being a dad. I raised Em like a tag along tornado."

"I'm sure she's learned all her father's tricks," Marion replied. "Including stuffing covers into a body shape."

"What?"

"Test the trouble, Jones. Its what you're good at."

Indy moved toward the mattress.

Em?" Indy asked, shaking the covers. He threw back the covers. The bed was empty. "MARION! Em's gone!"

Marion grinned. "I saw her leave this morning."

"Why didn't you stop her?" Indy started pacing. "Do you know what kind of trouble she could get into?"

Marion grabbed Indy's scarred chin. "I know exactly what kind of trouble she'll get into. Its the kind that left me in a tent with a suave villain, then got me dropped into the Well of the Souls wearing a white dress and heels."

"And that's why I've got to go after her!" He grabbed his jacket and fedora....

"Indy," Marion spoke. "She's your daughter - she'll be fine. Annie doesn't have any of those skills."

Indy dropped his whip realizing the situation. His voice cracked in stunned clarity. "I have to choose between them."