"No it's not that, it's just-"

"It's nothing." He cut me, taking one of my legs in his hand and I almost jumped at the exciting jolt that shot through me. "Just relax okay." He urged, caressing my leg.

Just relax.

I could do that.

I leaned back and settled properly into the couch. His warm hands kept sliding up and down my foot, coaxing me to release a pleasing sigh.

It was comforting and nice and a little weird having him in this position but I welcomed it.

"This feels good," I told him, reveling in the relaxing feeling as he used his thumbs to make gentle circles near my ankles.

"Remember our first date?" He asked, looking up.

I nodded. "What about it?"

He shrugged, gently pulling on each of my toes and as they popped, I felt my tension ease away. "I remembered you spraining your ankle after tripping on your heels while we tried running from the patrol cops. You were in so much pain that you wouldn't stop whimpering and groaning, you wouldn't even let me put an ice pack on it."

I groaned at the thought and then laughed. "That was one hell of a date."

He chuckled softly, gently dropping my leg and switching to begin the ritual on the other. "It was, and that day, after you finally fell asleep in my arms, I felt this warm feeling in my chest. It made me realize how much I loved you and I'd told myself I just had to have you and here you are, two years later, very much mine, very much pregnant with my baby."

I smiled. "I wasn't planning on falling for you at first. I thought you were just another arrogant rich jerk ready to flaunt his money because he thinks he can get any girl with it but you were different and I'm glad I made that decision to date you even if all our dates somehow managed to go terribly wrong."

He laughed softly. "I love you."

"I love you t-" the heavy pressure that hit my stomach made me stop and grimace, immediately reaching to hold my belly.

David let my leg go gently and shot up. "What's wrong?" His eyes lowered to my stomach, concern laced over it. "I'm sorry did I do something wrong?"

I inhaled deeply, waiting a few seconds before shaking my head. "No, you didn't. The baby just kicked hard."

I heard him audibly swallow. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it's nothing I can't take."

"Does it kick very often?" He asked, and the extreme look of genuine curiosity and awe on his face almost made me laugh.

"Not really. This is the first time today."

He inhaled a shaky breath, meeting my eyes for a second before shifting them back to my belly. He stared at it intently, almost like he was seeing it, really seeing it for the first time.

"You can feel it if you want," I told him, reaching for his hand and lightly pressing it to my stomach and we both stayed in that position, waiting for something to happen. It did.

David's face lit up. "It's moving." He mused.

"Yes, it is." I removed my hand from his and let him explore.

He laughed a little, running his hand over it, his grey eyes alight with so much unconcealed joy that it made my heart swell. "I can actually feel it moving, Dawn. This..." His voice trailed off. "It's... amazing."

I smiled. "Yes, it is-" Another kick to my bladder had me gasping sharply.

David instantly retracted his hand as though it burned. "Did it kick again?"

I nodded.

"I'm sorry." He touched my belly again, splaying his hand over it. "I'm sorry you have to go through all this just to have a baby for me."

"It's fine." I placed my hand on his. "It's a good thing, it means the baby is healthy," I assured.

"You're doing so well." With his free hand, he ran his thumb down my cheek and across my lower lip. "I love you for being so strong for both of us. I love you so much." He leaned down and caught my mouth in a slow, ravishing kiss that assaulted my senses, causing instant bolts of desire to shoot out of nowhere.

I moaned into his mouth, retracting my hand from my belly and rising it to the back of his head, surprised by my own possessiveness as I pushed my tongue deeper into his mouth.

He moaned in return, kissing me harder, tangling his tongue with mine, thrusting in and out of my mouth in a way that drove me right to the edge. His hand left my stomach and found my waist and he squeezed tight, pressing my body to his, but all of a sudden, as if regaining his senses, he pulled away, gasping for breath.

We both stared at each other, breathing heavily. His eyes were dazed and lust-filled. He shook his head and got up. "It's getting late," he croaked. "Time for bed." He stood in front of me and stretched his hands out to me. "Come on."

I grabbed onto his hands and he gently hoisted me from the couch to his warm chest. "Do you want me to tuck you in bed?"

I nodded, licking my lip. "Will you sleep on the bed with me?"

He shook his head slowly. "I don't want to be an inconvenience."

"I don't mind. I feel safe with you around."

"I don't think it's a good idea, princess. I'm already trying very hard to control myself."

My brows lifted. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, holding on to self-control around you is not an easy task." He sighed. "I never thought I would find a pregnant woman attractive but seeing you is giving me a hard time and being this close to you without touching you is torture so I'd rather sleep on the couch where I can jerk if I need to than have my dick poking you throughout the night."

His words sent down a rush of wetness to my most sensitive area. I let out a breathy laugh. "How can you possibly find me attractive? I'm huge."

"You're not huge, you're pregnant." He slid the loose tendrils of my hair back behind my ears. "And that doesn't change the fact that you're still the most beautiful woman I'll ever know or love."

Warmth gathered between my legs. "You know..." I placed my hand on his chest, contemplating my next words. "There is one more thing I would like you to do for me."

"What's that?"

I nibbled on my bottom lip. "It's something you can only give me in my bedroom..."

He was quiet for a second; as if contemplating my words, and when realization seemed to have dawned on him, his eyes darkened. "Dawn." His tone held a warning, one that sent shivers down my spine.

I feigned innocence, blinking. "What?"

"No. I'm not having sex with you," he deadpanned with a voice growing thick. "Not when you're pregnant and very much fragile."

"I'm not really that fragile," I told him, stretching up to link my hands behind his neck. "Plus I read in one of my pregnancy books that the baby is protected and not affected by strong vibrations." I brushed the hair at his nape. "We're good."

"It doesn't matter." He frowned, reaching behind his neck to remove my hand. "We just can't have sex and I won't have sex with you no matter what you do or how tempting you try to be."

My inner musing slapped me in the face. I slumped my shoulders, demoralized. "Fine, don't have sex with me but at least do something." I implored. "I haven't had an orgasm in four months, David. Help me."

He sighed, running a hand through his disheveled hair that splayed all over his forehead and gave him a younger sinfully handsome look. "You're always so goddamned stubborn."

A smile stretched on my face."Is that a yes?"

"Just one orgasm and no more, you shouldn't be overtaxing yourself."

I nodded. "Just one, Doctor Argent."

He grabbed his hand, narrowing his eyes as he did but I could see that he was holding back a smile. "Get over here."