Thirty-Seven

The photos will make sense at the end of the chapter! Also, nearly 16,000 reads?! Thank you!!!! <3 Artie

-------------------------------------------

Three full days passed after the fight with Tony. Pepper and Natasha dragged Sam with them to Bucharest to help pack up Bucky and Mirjana's belongings. Ororo and Ramonda flew out early that morning with a small team of Wakandan's to assist in bringing the buried baby boy. They needed to provide written consent to dig up the coffin to avoid the Romanian police stopping their efforts.

Meanwhile, Shuri, Wanda, and Steve never left Bucky and Mirjana's sides. Only at night were they left alone. Even then, they had one of the Dora Milaje stationed outside of their doors. Because of this, Tony had stayed away from the couple. T'challa took it upon himself to keep the genius busy, and they were often shadowed by a curious Peter.

Knowing the women (and Sam) were due to arrive back in Wakanda later, Shuri suggested they take a break from deleting the trigger words. They hadn't gone outside of the palace since arriving and it was the perfect time for her to show the couple where they could lay their son to rest.

Nearly everyone decided to come along. Wanda, Peter, Shuri, Ayo, Steve, T'challa and his son all joined the trek to the location. They followed a path through the woods that brought them close to the mountain. A creek ran in the distance, offering the peaceful sounds of running water. There was a small graveyard protected by a tall ornate gate.

"This is where I was thinking he could rest," Shuri explained. T'challa opened the gate and took over leading the group.

Mirjana gasped when they came upon a gorgeous Willow tree. She looked at Bucky, who nodded.

"It'll be perfect," he agreed.

T'challa stood a few feet away from one of the graves, his curly haired boy in his arms. "I would like to place him here. This is near where my father was buried. He will help to watch over him until you meet again."

"That's beautiful," Mirjana said while wiping away a tear. Bucky's metal arm pulled her waist closer to his side. Her reactions were high enough with the pregnancy, but knowing that their first child would be buried here, in an incredibly zen location, and with the promise of being watched over, she was going to be even more emotional.

"You're very kind to offer to do this for them," Steve commended.

T'challa shrugged. "As a king, I was raised to do what I can to help others. As a father, I would wish for someone to do the same for Azuri if something were to happen to him."

The infant prince cooed as if he knew his dad was talking about him. Mirjana wanted to cry. She imagined what her own little boy would have looked like if he was alive today. He'd be over a year old. Then again, if she had carried him to term, they wouldn't have had the baby girl she currently carried. It was a catch 22.

Her hands covered her bump, rubbing up and down as she stared at it. Women around the world, as she learned from extensive research, lost babies all the time for various reasons. As time goes on and medical practices advanced, it was becoming less common. But that didn't mean it didn't happen. She would have to accept the cards she was dealt, and raise their little girl with double the love. The amount she would have given their son and the amount the girl was already going to receive.

"You okay?" Bucky whispered.

She nodded. "Yeah."

A phone buzzed and Shuri pulled hers out of her pocket. "The jet will be here in an hour. By the time we get back we can wash up and they will be here with all of your... things."