Surprises

A/N: this takes place in the human realm and they are older in this story btw.

POV: Gus

I was driving home from work when I got a text from Matt.

'I have a surprise for you.' I read it.

Matt then sent an address to me and told me to follow it. I sighed and put the address into my GPS. The highway soon narrowed down into a tight street within a few turns. Once I caught sight of Matt standing on the corner of the sidewalk I pulled over.

"What is this place?" I asked him.

He was rocking back and forth on his heels excitedly. I got out of the car and he took my hand and led me into a tall brick building. He then covered my eyes and told me not to peek.

"Matt, what is this?" I held one arm in front of me and the other squeezed his hand.

"You'll see," he teased.

He had taken his hands off my eyes but still told me not to look yet. I shut my eyes tight, in suspense. I heard the jingle of keys then the creaking of a door.

"You can look now." Matt told me.

Once I opened my eyes, what I saw in front of me made my jaw drop. We were standing in an apartment building.

"Wait, is this ours?" I looked at him.

He smiled and nodded excitedly.

"Eda helped me get it." he was rocking on his heels again.

"Matt!" I flung myself at him and wrapped him into a hug. He hugged me back and laughed.

"Do you like it?" he whispered into my ear.

"Are you kidding! I love it!" I pulled away and spun in a full circle, trying to get a full view. After a small tour from Matt I figured out it had a washroom, a living room, a bedroom and a kitchen.

"This is amazing!" I told him as we sat down by the small tv.

This was going to be our first home that we both shared. I can't believe he was able to keep it a secret for so long. I was happy he did though, I love surprises.

A/N: I actually like this one tbh

Sorry this one is so short I was just bored and wrote it. :)