13 | cold

-♛-
04:13 pm

AS the last remnants of winter faded away, Abeer found solace in the gentle caresses of the February breeze and the warm embrace of the sun. The air was imbued with a sense of renewal, a promise of new beginnings and fresh starts. The delicate interplay of light and shadow created a surreal, almost ethereal atmosphere that seemed to transport Abeer to a different realm, a place of beauty and wonder. She felt her worries and fears melt away, replaced by a sense of peace. She and Arham were on the way to the cafe where she and Khushboo had decided to meet up. As she rolled down her car window, a gentle breeze caressed her face, and she inhaled the crisp, fresh air with a smile that lit up her entire being. The sun shone brightly, casting a radiant glow on her appearance, making her look truly ethereal.

Arham stole a glance at his wife, and she looked stunning like an angel. The afternoon sun's rays illuminated her face with a radiant glow. Her facial features were flawless as if they were chiseled to perfection. Abeer sensed her husband's intense gaze but avoided meeting his longing onyx eyes.

Within no time, they reached the decided café. Abeer called her sister to check if she reached or not. Getting an affirmative reply from the lass, Abeer exited the car. Before she could, she felt a tug on her wrist; which resulted in her settling back down in the passenger seat. She looked at her husband, with confused eyes.

"When shall I pick you up?" He questioned, his eyes almost pleading with her not to go. As if a small child would do. Abeer being completely oblivious didn't notice the obvious puppy eyes that belonged to her "dominative husband".

"Umm, at 8 pm? Agr aap free na ho, then Rehan Bhai will drop me home" She voiced her plan to her husband. This resulted in him visibly sulking, and then he yet again masked his genuine expressions before his wife could get a wisp of him.
(if you're not free,)

"I'll pick you up, Khayal rakhna apna. Don't drink too much coffee, Fi Amanillah (I leave you in the custody of Allah.)" They bid their goodbyes, his large hand still clasped onto her. The couple shared a longing look, Abeer pulled away before she would be tranced by his raven eyes. "I'll take care, aap bhi. Fi Amanillah" She gave him her best smile, feeling the lingering feeling of his calloused hands on hers.
(Take care of yourself)

I miss her already.

Dheere dheere se tera hua, Haule haule se tera hua
Rafta rafta tera hua, Tere bin main hoon be-nishaan .

A pair of hazel eyes watched the entire scene unfold in front of her through the café window. A grateful smile etched onto her lips. Khushboo was more than happy to see her sister being treated well. She was worried for her sister's well-being, she'd pray for her day and night. Allah is all-knowing, he knows and sees everything.

The bell dinged, signalling a new customer entered the café. The sisters' eyes met, and Khushboo got up from her table and ran towards her baby sister engulfing her in a bone-crushing hug. Khushboo broke into tears, whilst Abeer held hers in, as always.

"yeh aise kyun sennti horahi hain aap aapi? Bas bhi kardein, I'm fine. Why do you worry so much?" Abeer patted her sister's hijab, taking advantage of being the taller one of the two. The lump in her throat didn't let her speak well, it hurt.

(Why are you getting so sentimental? Stop already)

Abeer wasn't one of the people who could express their emotions. Sometimes, she'd be so confused about what she felt, she'd be clueless about her feelings. Weird, I know. She had been like this ever since that dreadful night, although she knew entirely well how her health would deteriorate. Bas, adaat se majboor.