9 | family

-♛-
09:40 am

AUTHOR-

The delicious breakfast was now in their tummies, the Syed's now awaited tea along with cake rusk to completely satisfy them until it was lunchtime. So, Haseena and Haya were busy preparing tea for the family.

Abeer for some reason despised chai, she was contemplating whether to ask Sarah if she could make coffee for herself. Everyone was seated on the lawn, enjoying the cold breezes of February, whilst chit-chatting.

Abeer stood beside a seated Arham. She was nervous. hence, was fidgeting with her hands. Arham noticed her behaviour and stood up, asking her "Is something the matter?" He whispered in her ear, sending electricity through her body.

Abeer explained to him her worry, which resulted in him almost laughing.

"itti si baat ke liye tum itni tension lere Abeer? I'll make coffee for you." he assured her, she let out a breath of relief. 

(For such a trivial thing you're stressing out?)

"a-aap ko acchi coffee banane aati?" she questioned him hesitantly, craning her head up to match the level of his eyes. 

(d-do you know how to make good coffee?)

Their height difference was the cutest thing ever.

"mai banata hun, aap peeke dekhlo"  uttering the words, he left for the kitchen.

(I'll make it, you can be the judge of it)

"No wait!-" She ran after him and bumped face-first into a toned wall, which was no other than her husband. He caught her by the waist before she could kiss the grass-ground.

The youngsters started hooting seeing the newlywed. Abeer was a flushed mess, "bhai chodho-" hearing his wife bhai-zone him; his eyes turned as wide as saucers.

"I-i mean, chodhiye! sab dekhre." she gently patted his kurta-clad chest to let her go.  The poor man still couldn't believe his ears.
(l-leave me, everyone is seeing)

"bhaijaan humlog ko yeh sab nahi dekhna hai, get a room you two," Aashir said, whistling yet again, making Arham glare at him.
 (Brother, we don't want to see all this)

"Bhai aise toh na ghuro mujhe, abh aapki shaadi hogayi abh. Bhabhijaan kya sonchte? Abh aap meri izzat Karna" Aashir smiled proudly, placing his hands on his hips. 

(Brother, don't glare at me like that. Now you're a married man, what will your sister-in-law think of you? you should learn to respect me.)

"Accha bhai, izzat karu mai tumhari.." Arham said in a warning tone, rolling up the sleeves of his white kurta, his muscular arms on display.

(Okay, I should respect you..)

Seeing his brother getting ready to beat the living daylights out of him, Aashir ran behind Abeer, as if she were his shield.

" Bhabhijaan dekho, bhai mujhe maarre! Bachao meku inse, dekhiye kaise mere jaise masoom jaan ko maarne aare" He held his bhabhi by her shoulders, and ducked behind her. The poor girl was trapped between two bulky men, she felt like a kabab mai haddi. 

(sister in law see, brother is beating me! save me from him, look how he's going to kill someone as innocent as me)

"Leave him, Bechara bas mazzak kar raha tha" Abeer tried to reason, making Aashir smirk at Arham in victory. 

(The poor guy was only joking)

"shakal se toh bilkul bhi bechara nahi lagra, dekho kaise muh bana ra. Isski toh Aaj khair nai" Arham said, before marching to the darpok Aashir.