Death and Despair

Start from the beginning

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" I barely whispered, hugging my knees to my chest again.

Reid got up from crouching in front of me and moved to a seat across from me. He sighed as he explained, "I personally don't think you are. Remember that I said I believed your actions in New York weren't truly you."

Matthew and Elliot agreed as I smiled for a second in relief.

"I want to tell you guys what happened to me the year before New York," I mumbled while nervously fidgeting with my hands.

Matthew sat up from leaning back in his seat as Elliot made himself attentive to me. I felt like I was about to tell a forbidden secret to imaginary older brothers.

Inhaling a shaky breath, I began. "About two years ago I was in Italy, trying to find somewhere to sleep for the night."

~

About an hour or so passed until I fully told Matthew, Reid, and Elliot the trauma that happened to me in the last two years. They stared at me in shock as I buried my face in my hands as I began crying more than before. I've never spoken my feelings to anyone so it made me nervous and upset.

"And I know I should hate Loki for calling me out to the guards but I can't bring myself to. After all we've been through, I miss him," I sobbed.

I felt Matthew, Reid, and Elliot staring at me with pity as I felt multiple arms embrace me. I held my breath for a second, never having a hug before. It felt nice. Reid rubbed my back to make me feel better as I continued to sob. Elliot kept his arms wrapped around my waist as he refused to let go despite Reid telling him to. Matthew got up and patted me on my shoulder to reassure me everything would be fine now.

It had been so long since I had a mental breakdown that everything poured out within this moment. I was crying so much I was slightly shaking. Reid and Matthew sat close by to assure they were there for me while Elliot was rocking me back and forth with him.

I finally calmed down as they all hugged me again, ruffling my hair in the process as they began teasing me.

-Third Person POV-
Back on Asgard, the prisoners continued to fight while Loki sat calmly in his cell reading. Almost immediately, Thor entered and everyone turned to look at him.

Thor said calmly, "Return to your cells and no further harm will come to you. You have my word."

However, right when Thor finished his sentence, one of the prisoners punched Thor in the face.

"Very well, you don't have my word," Thor said as he punched the prisoner back, starting to fight with the other prisoners.

Meanwhile, Odin was in his throne room as he ordered his guards, "Send a squadron to the weapons vault, defend it at all costs. Seal the dungeon."

Frigga entered as she looked at Odin. "Odin."

"Frigga," Odin replied before looking to the Asgardian guards, demanding, "Go!" Looking at Frigga and Jane, Odin reassured, "It's a skirmish, nothing to fear."

Frigga sighed. "You've never been a very good liar."

Within that moment Jane noticed Sif as she walked past them. She noticed how brave Sif was just by the way she walked, feeling a bit insecure about herself with Thor compared to the other Asgardian women.

Interrupting Jane's thoughts, Odin told Frigga, "Take her to you chambers, I'll come for you when it's safe."

"You take care," Frigga responded.

"Despite all I have survived, my queen still worries over me."

Frigga retorted, "It's only because I worry over you that you have survived."