§CHAPTER SIX§

You ever felt like escaping to a different world, forget about everything, start afresh and leave all negative thoughts behind. Well I don't feel that way ,I want to see this woman suffer first .

Kali Maa decided to join us on "our" picnic claiming that she wants to get to know me better, what a bitch. I gave Rome the hardest glare I could muster so that he would know how angry ,annoyed and uncomfortable I feel right now and judging from his body language he is not so happy either.

It has been 10 minutes without a word from me or the Bartley's, just silence. I decided to get up and just leave and just as I stood up she spoke .

"You know Hera, you remind me of someone from my past ,someone I will never forget " she said out of nowhere ,and then she continued "I heard that this picnic is a surprise for your birthday, so how old are you?" she asked

My birthday?My Birthday!!?How?? How is it my birthday and I don't know, I switched my phone on and there it was 20:33 17 March... holy fcakes, it is my birthday, that means Rome's birthday is coming soon ,that's not important right now, Kali Maa asked me a question, what was the question? shit

"Oh yeah ,it's my birthday" I laughed nervously I didn't know what else to say ,I looked at Rome again with a stetn look .

"Well Grandmother you ruined the surprise, thank you very much" Romeus says with a very angry voice

"Oh my apologies dear , I did not know that you two had not gotten to that part yet ,please forgive me" she says forcefully, probably annoyed that nor I or Rome are happy with her third- wheeling our picnic.

"I will leave you two to it then ,Hera do not forget you're still invited for tea anytime dear" she says standing up and turning away.

We wait for her car to leave before we speak.

"I am really sorry, I don't know Astraea...I-" Rome starts saying

"It's alright, you didn't know she would come here and you can't control your Grandmother's actions" I say , I'm really annoyed no scratch that I'm mad but I cannot lash out on Rome ,it's not his fault that he was born into such a family just the same with me ,if we could choose our families I'd be in a different country.

"I just really wanted this day to be special for you" he says ,I can really see how he is beating himself up and before I could think twice I lean over to him and plant a chaste kiss on his mouth , I move away quickly afterwards, the shock is written al over his face, he was not expecting that well neither was I , I just thought of the quickest way to make him feel better.

"Sorry I did no-" I don't get to finish my explanation as he swiftly pulls me under him and instantly crashes his lips over mine and kisses me with a fierce passion that's out of this world, I have no experience to compare this feeling to but it feels as if my parts are being pulled together but I feel as if I'm falling apart at the same time but in an exhilarating way as he moves down to kiss and nibble my neck I see stars literal stars in the sky as I curl my hands in Rome's hair I feel this weird sensation between my legs that makes me pull them together instantly. This doesn't go unnoticed by the hunk on top of me ,he raises his head from my neck smirking down at me .

"You drive me insane" he chuckles and lies down next to me .

We stay like that for a few moments in comfortable silence.
"I forgot to buy the cake" he says out of the blue

"How is it a birthday picnic without a cake!?" I ask in exaggerated shock and we both burst out laughing.

"If you want it we can go get it now" he suggests and I obviously can't say no to cake ,so I look at him smiling and immediately jump on my feet to start packing up.