§CHAPTER THREE§

The throne room as Nattie told me is huge, from the door you can see the king and queen's big thrones, they are made of pure gold with black cushions for comfort, the walls of the throne room are painted in ruby red, there are gold statues on every corner of the roon, the floor is tiled in white marble , the chandelier is hanging high and is brightly lit. The thrones are vacant because the royal family has not yet arrived.

After a while everyone in the room continued what they were doing before we arrived. One hour and a lot of dancing later the arrival of the royal family was announced, the music stopped leaving the big hall in dead silence. "Former queen Kali Maa Bartley of Alinsky" the herald shouted which I personally think is unnecessary since the room is already silent.

Kali Maa walked in, she looks old with grey hair but still very beautiful, she is wearing a white ball gown dress with lace long sleeves. Everybody around me bowed their heads but I did not because I would never bow down for this witch and luckily nobody saw my act of defiance thanks to my height."King Ronald Bartley of Alinsky" the herald shouted again and a man with strays of grey hair walked in and he looks odly familiar, he is wearing a royal black suit and a crown made of gold and diamonds.

He waved his hand at everyone in hall and they bowed except me obviously, he sat on the big throne with Kali Maa standing to his right because the vacant queen's throne is on the left "Prince Romeus Bartley, soon to be king of Alinsky" the herald shouted again, I looked to the staircase again and the air was knocked out of my lungs literally Rome my Rome is the prince Romeus Bartley I couldn't get that name out of my head, as if he felt my eyes on him he looked to where I am standing and our eyes locked, he paused on the third step and everyone bowed but he did not acknowledge them because he was still looking at me, I almost fell because my head felt light but thanks to Nattie who caught me I didn't fall.

"I know he is hot right" she wiggled her eyebrows at me, I blinked twice and breathed slowly so that I could regain my composure, I looked back to the stairs but Rome had already moved towards the priest who stood at the dias that holds the thrones. He lied to me I can't believe this. The coronation caremony started but I couldn't hear anything because my head was spinning, I can't even breathe.

The caremony went by in a blur and soon Rome was wearing the crown and sitting on the king's throne. People had started dancing again but my head was somewhere far away until the people around me stopped dancing abruptly and looked at something behind me so I turned to see Rome coming my way, he stopped in front of me and held out his hand "Can I have this dance madam?" he asked, all eyes are on us so it would be rude to refuse so I put my hand in his and let him lead me to the dance floor.

We danced in silence until Rome decided to speak "You look beautiful tonight" he said with a guilty smile. "You look dashing as well your highness" I replied making sure to show him my anger, he gave me a sad look "Please don't address me as that" he pleaded, "Why not? You are the prince, no sorry I mean the king" I said with as much sarcasm that I could master "I can't believe you've been lying to me" I added

"I didn't lie, I just didn't tell you because I wanted to feel how it's like for someone to like me not because of my status but for who I truly am, you know people are fake these days they are after power and status, they don't stay where they don't benefit" he said "Like your Grandmother" I said with disgust laced in my voice, he froze I looked at him and then I turned around but I was not heading for the exit doors, I was going to find what I was looking for.

I looked behind me to see that Rome is following me Good now time to remember what mama told me, in the throne room there are three set of doors, the entrance doors that lead outside, the silver doors that lead to the meeting room and the metal doors next to the staircase that lead to a hidden room and that's where I'm going.