§CHAPTER FOUR§

Nattie and Nikolai were doing the deed on the hood of the car.

Nattie was the first to move when she heard my scream, I covered my eyes and Rome let out an irritated groan.

"Seriously you two, in the parking lot?!" Rome exclaimed and I totally agreed with him. I peeked through my fingers to see if it was safe to look and I only removed them after the couple was presentable.

"Can we just go and where is the old man?" I asked.
"He's unconscious in the back seat" Nikolai said pointing to the car "And you are right we should go" he added and turned to the car.

Nattie and I are sitting in the back seat with my so called grandfather in the middle, Nikolai is in the passenger 's seat and Rome is driving because he knows where I live.

"You guys created quite the scene back there" Nikolai said with a hint of amusement in his voice
"You know when we said we needed a distraction, I think you understood the assignment" Nattie added and they both laughed.

I saw Rome watching me through the rearview mirror, I knew he was trying to read me so I smiled.
Nikolai and Nattie continued to tease Rome and I but I was too focused on how I was going to explain this whole situation to them, they do deserve to know right? They helped me without question so at least I can give them the truth.

We reached my apartment 30 minutes later and I was a nervous wreck at this moment. Will they even believe me, Rome will hate me I'm sure of it.

20 minutes later everybody was comfortable in my sitting room enjoying the pizza that Nattie begged to be ordered. My Grandfather was asleep in my room, we had the guys change his clothes then Nattie and I cleaned his wounds.
Now I believe is the right time to talk but I can't bring myself to leave the kitchen. I've been in the kitchen for the past 7 minutes trying to avoid the confession. Why am I so nervous I don't care what they think of me, right?... Of course I don't.

I jumped 2 feet into the air when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and found Rome standing straight with an amused smile on his face. "I've been calling your name a thousand times but you didn't answer" he said becoming all serious "What's wrong Hera?" he asked What's wrong? What's wrong!! How am I supposed to answer this question, I've only known Rome for a few weeks but the thought of losing him is breaking me. I don't know when I started tearing up but as soon as Rome hugged me I was a crying mess, I could blame my periods but I know they aren't coming in like a week.

Nattie ran into the kitchen followed closely by Nikolai, okay well I guess here goes nothing.

I told them to follow me to the sitting room and started my life story, I told them everything I knew and everything I lived. Surprisingly they listened without interrupting me but I didn't know their facial expressions because I kept my eyes on my lap. As soon as I finished my story I looked up with my teary eyes and looked at each of them one at a time the last being Rome. I couldn't tell what he was thinking because he had a straight face and wasn't showing a single emotion. Nattie was the first to react by coming to sit next to me and trying to comfort me by saying comforting words but I did not pay any mind to her because I was still looking at Rome.

"Leave us" Rome said or more like ordered, I don't know who he was talking to but Nattie and Nikolai seemed to have gotten the message because they left not a second later.
After they were out of earshot Rome stood and walked up to me then looked down at me and he laughed to say I was scared would be an understatement, why was he laughing? Without warning he trapped me between the couch and him by putting both hands on either side of my face and leaned in like a predator close to my face, we were so close it felt like we were sharing the same oxygen.