§CHAPTER TWO§

It has been a whole week since I last saw Rome and to say I'm miserable would be an understatement.
I have had sleepless nights and I don't remember the last time I ate because every time I try to eat I just feel like puking. Mrs Goula was so worried yesterday when I poured hot tea on my hand instead of inside the cup, she decided to give me a few days off work and said I should come back when I feel a hundred percent fine.

I'm now two days into my second week of miserary, I'm lying flat on the floor, looking at the ceiling because I don't know what to do anymore. I guess self isolating myself was not such a good idea now I am craving even the tiniest bit of affection.
Rome was not supposed to affect me, this is wrong I'm supposed to be planning how to get into Alinsky without being noticed, not that they know me anyway but Alinsky is a powerful kingdom and they are very cautious of who goes in and out their kingdom.

From everything my mother told me about the Bartley's I'm curious as to why they didn't change the name of the kingdom, or maybe they didn't want to look suspicious to other people, Kali Maa Bartley is a cunning woman and I will have to be smarter than her that's the only way I can win.

I was still lying on the floor and overthinking myself into depression when someone knocked on my door which is odd because I literally never have visitors.

I went to the kitchen first to retrieve a knife and then I went to open the door, now I wish I had those doors with peeking holes on them. I opened the door slowly while hiding the knife behind my back. When the door was fully open I had to blink twice because there standing outside my apartment door is non other than Rome, my insides jumped with joy, he looks the same, a little tired but still as handsome as before, he had a paper bag with the name Lebeeron on it, I could not help myself from pulling him in for a tight embrace, forgetting about the knife in my hand as it hit the floor behind me.

Rome hugged me back and I felt complete, like I found a long lost piece of myself. "I missed you too Hera" he said into my hair, I didn't want to let go, I want this moment to last forever but I know that is impossible so I reluctantly removed my hands from around his waist.

"I never said I missed you" I crossed my arms and smirked, he just smiled down at me and walked into my apartment "oh, of course you did not"he said over his shoulder, I had to ask myself how did we get here, I just shook my head and followed him inside after closing the door and picking up the knife I presume he did not see.

I enjoyed the Mediterranean Shrimp Linguine he bought from Lebeeron, I enjoyed it more because I haven't eaten in 2 days and the days before don't count either.

I haven't had close relationships since my parents because it is just too hard to let someone in when you can't trust anybody, right now I don't know what I am doing with Rome.

I don't even know anything about him and that's not good I have to do something about it. "So where you born in the Emerson kingdom?" I decided to start with the easy stuff, he looked up from his plate to me and answered "No I was born and raised in Alinsky" his answer had me going into a coughing fit so much for planning "So you are here in Emerson for business?" I asked again
"Yes you could say that, what about you?" he asked and continued eating, what about me? What about me? I fear this question very much "Uhm I was born and raised here" I answered, it was not a total lie because I did not say exactly where right...?

"And how old are you? I mean not that you look too old or too young, I'm just curious because you know... Uhm" I tripped over my words

"It's alright Hera, it's not easy to trust strangers, that's probably why you open the door with a knife in your hand but to answer your question I am 29 years, born in March the 27th" he said with a smirk, oh my goodness he saw the knife! How embarrassing, just play it cool