Darkness Coming // Storybrooke

Start from the beginning

"Me?" Kyla asked. 

David shrugged. "You trusted me," he looked at Rider, then back to Kyla. "Come help me." 

Kyla nodded, then looked back at Rider. "Are you okay here?" 

He smiled. "Maybe it's time I get to know your family," he said, looking at Snow. 

Kyla tried not to make a face. She knew he was doing it for her, and she knew Snow wanted to get to know him as well. 

"Good," she said. He leaned down and kissed her, then she and David left, flying down the stairs and out to the sheriff's car. 

They knew Isaac would be on the run, probably in Cruella's car, so they searched for that. 

"How are you feeling?" David asked. 

"In what regard?" She asked him. 

"Your magic," he said. 

"It comes and goes," she said, honestly. "I didn't realize how much I had missed it until I had it again." 

David sighed. "If you leave Storybrooke, you'll never get your magic back." 

"I'll never get my magic back anyway. Neverland sucked it up," she reminded him. 

"I'm sure we can find another way," David said. "We always find another way." 

Kyla rolled her eyes. "And how is that going to help Rider?" She asked. 

"We're making it a point to get to know him. We just haven't had a moment to breathe since he showed up." 

She couldn't argue with that. 

"I know you're right," she said. "I've just been a little freaked out." 

"Of course. But you can take a step back now. Allow yourself a moment?" 

"I let him down."

"You didn't. You saved him," he said. 

Kyla stared out the windshield. She didn't know what to say. 

All she could think about were Henry's words in the book:

"You were just one of the good guys."

Which meant that she was a villain in their story. 

How was she supposed to live with that? 

She tried to be neutral. She tried to stay out of the darkness. But she was selfish. Everything she did was selfish. Did she end up turning herself into a villain?

"Got him!" David yelled, pulling her out of her thoughts. 

They circled around, a cut through through the trees and screeched to a halt adjacent to his car. David and Kyla slowly exited the car. Isaac was unmoving. David opened Isaac's car door and yanked him out. 

The curse was officially undone. Isaac was no longer a best-selling author.

Everything could go back to the way it was. 

They decided to celebrate at Granny's, of course. Everyone was happy to be reunited. 

Rider came back from the bar with two iced teas in his hand, setting one down in front of Kyla. 

"This is delicious, by the way," he said with a smile. 

She chuckled. "Not used to tea that isn't hot, huh?" She asked. 

Rider slid into the booth. 

"So," Kyla continued. "How was getting to know my sister?" 

"She's just so..." he couldn't find the right words.