Chapter 27

The year begins to come to and end.

~~~<>~~~

Parties are always quite amusing.

Gryffindor is currently throwing a party for winning the final quidditch game of the year; and thus racking up enough wins to beat the other houses entirely.

You dance with Peter at the moment; you'd be with Tom, but parties 'aren't his things'.

You don't doubt he's thinking of some evil schemes.

You stop dancing immediately.

"Pete!"

"What?"

"Look!" You point behind him and he turns around.

Sirius had found his way onto Remus's lap. Apparently they had made up.

"Oh! Awesome!" Peter says, grinning.

"More like ew." You say, fully processing that your brother is currently making out with someone in front of you.

Peter snorts, "let's switch sides."

You nod your agreement as you both switch so you don't have to look at your brother whilst you dance with you friend.

~~~<>~~~

The last Slugclub party of the year.

Tom and you had gone together. Now he walks you back to your common room.

"I wonder whatever happened to Michael." You say suddenly, realizing you hadn't seen him around.

Tom frowns. "Who?"

"The Hufflepuff boy I was dancing with at Slughorn's party before Christmas break."

"Him? Was that truly his name?"

"Yes."

"Hm. Well, yes; I killed him."

You freeze, "what?"

"Yes. He seemed to like you too much for my comfort."

You stop walking. "For your- for your comfort? You murdered an innocent boy because you weren't comfortable?"

"Yes."

"Merlin, Tom."

He seems confused. Confused. How screwed up does one have to be to be confused that killing someone is not okay?

"I don't-" you pause, "I don't want you near me."

He frowns, "pardon?"

"Leave me alone." You say, "I don't want you near me. I don't want to see you again. I want you out of my life."

He scoffs, "you were fascinated with my dark magic last year-"

"Murdering people is different than practicing a bit of dark magic."

"Perhaps you weren't meant for Ravenclaw if you're that naive."

And you don't have any witty responses to throw back his way; you turn around. He immediately grabs your wrist.

"You're truly being this dramatic over a boy you don't know?"

"Dramatic? Tom you murdered someone! This isn't dramatic. If anything I'm being more calm than I should. Any other person would've immediately ran to Dumbledore and you'd be on your way to Azkaban. Any other person would've gone to him the moment they knew about your basilisk situation and how you framed an innocent to get away with it."

"And you're not like any other person."

"No. I'm naive, apparently."

"I did not mean to say that."

"You apologize for insulting me, but you don't care that you killed someone? How do you see nothing wrong with that?"

"He was trying to take you from me."

"Take me- Tom we weren't even together. Because you were ignoring me."

"I was not ignoring you-"

"And that's a lie. Is that all you do, Tom? Lie? Or, I suppose you do two things; lie and kill. I thought you were curious to dark magic; wanting to learn all you could. I did not think you were planning to actually murder people."

"You knew of my plans to remove muggleborns-"

"I didn't-" you sigh, "I didn't think you were serious, Tom. You're not even an adult yet; I thought this was a childish thought process influenced by the boys around you. You're a halfblood, Tom. You're half muggle; it's hypocritical to genuinely want that. I'll say it again; do not speak to me. And this shall stay unless you manage to change how horrible you are."

~~~<>~~~

Tom does not speak to you for the rest of the year.

~~~<>~~~

Regulus agrees to stay with the Potters with Sirius.

~~~<>~~~

Summer begins.