Chapter 20

You're sitting at the Gryffindor table with Peter, Remus, James, and Sirius.

"So," Marlene pops up next to you, she leans against you. "Are you and Riddle together?"

Sirius gags and makes a grossed out face. Childish.

"Riddle and I?" You ask.

"No Riddle and Sirius." She deadpans.

And his disgusted face becomes more disgusted.

"Well how am I meant to know? Ask Sirius."

Sirius looks horrified, "is this an actual rumor?" He whispers. "Do people actually think I'm dating Tom bloody Riddle!?"

"Sirius-" Remus tries.

"No. This is not okay. This is- is this actually-"

"Yeah. I've heard it around." James says, an absolute clear lie, but Sirius stupidly believes it.

"Me too!" Peter says.

"Well will you answer my earlier question, then?" Marlene asks him. You know fully that the question was meant for you, but this is amusing.

"I- of course I'm not dating Riddle! People believe this. Merlin my life is over. Tom Riddle? Of all people? How did this even happen?"

"Sirius, mate, I think you outta crush these rumors." You tell him.

"But-"

"She's right, Sirius. If you don't want people knowing you should do it soon." Marlene pushes.

Remus sighs.

"Maybe even right now?" James offers. "Everyone's here in the Great Hall. When's a better time, truly?"

"You're right..." Sirius says, his voice quiet. He takes his plate, dumping its contents onto the table itself. He also grabs a knife, then he stands up.

And then he climbs onto the table.

Oh Merlin.

Remus puts his head in his hands.

Your darling brother aggressively hits the knife against the glass plate. He does this extremely roughly. The plate shatters.

It does get him his end goal, everyone's attention is drawn to him.

"Mr. Black please get off of the table." McGonagall says.

"A moment, Professor." He says, "I need a moment to speak to everyone here! I'd like to address some rumors I've recently heard of."

"Sirius, darling, please sit down." Remus whispers to him.

"No this is important." Sirius insists. He looks back up, "I've heard recently that some people think that I am in a relationship with someone."

"I'm getting second hand embarrassment." Marlene whispers.

"This is sort of your fault."

"It's sort of all of our faults."

"Not mine." Remus cuts in, "not mine."

"That someone is Tom Riddle!"

You dare a glance at Riddle. He looks, not only confused, but also annoyed. The annoyance is in his eyes, his face shows the confusion.

"I would just like to debunk these rumors!"

"Mr. Black-" McGonagall tries again.

"I am not dating Tom Riddle!" He shouts, "and never will I! I am very happily in a relationship already with-"

"Sirius don't you dare." Remus hisses.

"-with a person!" Sirius says instead, "a person who is not Tom Riddle. Thank you."

McGonagall sighs as he sits back in his seat. "Detention Mr. Black!"

Marlene turns to him, "you know I was joking right?"

"Me too, mate." James says.

"No one ever actually thought you were dating Riddle."

Sirius opens his mouth. "What?"

"Yeah, man." Peter says, "sorry."

"I'm not sorry, that was extremely funny to me." You tell him, "but yeah, no one thought you were dating Riddle."

"But I- but... you little arses!"