How far does my bond go

Adelaide's POV

When I had woken up I had 3 messages from Caroline reminding  me to meet her at the school to help her clean up. I hadn't seen Nik or Rebekah so I just texted Nik and hoped I would see Rebekah at school.

As soon as I got to school I texted Caroline before wandering through the halls towards the sound of her voice.

"I'm sorry about you mom. I mean, I know you like hated her and everything but still. I'm sorry" I heard the faint voice of Caroline say

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy" I heard Rebekah

"Yeah he was"

"I'm gonna get started on the gym"  Rebekah turns to leave until she see me at the door she walks past me mumbling something about me being late to which I apologise to her retreating figure. I pick up one of the black bags and start wordlessly cleaning, the only sound emitting from the gym being the shuffling between me and Caroline. Me and Caroline hear a grunt from the hallway and momentarily make eye contact before she's sped off in that direction.

Before I could even move I was flashed outside in front of Caroline's car with her frantically trying to find the right key. I was going to ask her what happened until I saw the clear image of Alaric Saltzman in the window of her car. I turned around to face him only to have my head smashed into the car along with Caroline.

*********************

Rebekah's POV

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me"

"Alaric Saltzman in supposed to be dead" my brother responds

"Well he's not, and a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white-oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nik, too strong"

"Where is he now?"

"Stuck at the school without a day light ring but as soon as nightfalls he'll come after us. We need to leave now"

"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way"

"He has Mari. He managed to get to her and Caroline in the parking lot"

I see anger flash in my brothers eyes and prepare myself for the storm that's about to hit me.

"And you left her" he says raising his voice

"Well I couldn't exactly grab her. Caroline pulled her out first and I can't fight Alaric. I had to have help to escape from him the first time"

"Well you go on then. I'm not leaving without Adelaide"

*********************

Adelaide's POV

I woke up with my hands tied down and a cloth around my mouth. The cloth burned as if it had just been set on fire before being placed around my mouth. Every time I breathed it was like I was inhaling razors.

"That's wolfsbane. Hurts doesn't it" Ric taunts

I look to my right to see Caroline tied up next to me obviously doing a lot worse than I am. She had blisters forming near her mouth and pencils stabbed into each hand to keep her hands on the desk. Her whole face was red with pain and she was silently crying.

"You don't seem like your in a lot of pain" Ric says directing my attention back to him. I stare back at him with a blank look.

I had already been through these type of trials before, nothing this man could do to me is anything I haven't experience before. After the same punishment and torture you learn how to keep stone faced even if you're burning from the inside out