Chapter 22

AUTHORS NOTE:
Okay, okay. So I thought about it, and now I just have too many ideas to just end the story. It's like bad TV series that says they're getting canceled, and then you turn on the TV and it's a new episode. But we are skipping forward FOUR YEARS.
————-
GRAVES POV
I sat on the back porch swing and watched as Chris chased Cassie around the backyard. It was hard to believe she was four years old now, she was growing up too fast. Chris was the perfect dad, always helping with birthday parties and always getting up when I was too tired.
Chris finally gave out, and joined me on the swing, then Cassie ran up to us and landed on Chris' lap. I brushed her hair behind her ear as I smiled at her. She looked just like Chris.

"What are you thinking about doing today babe?" Chris asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Probably just clean the house, hang out with the family. The usual." I told him. He shook his head.

"Grave, you've gotta get out of the house. Why don't you go shopping, and I'll stay here with Cassie." Chris suggested. I had been a recluse for practically the past four years, terrified that if I were to go out something would happen. He was right, though. I needed to get out of the house and have some me time.

"Go get your nails done, and go shopping for a bit. We will be right here when you get back. Well, not right here, we will probably go inside eventually, but you get the point." I laughed at him, gave him a kiss, and then headed out to the car. I started to just get in my mom car of a BMW, but Chris stopped me and tossed me some keys. "And take the i8! You'll have more fun!" He shouted. I smiled wide and ran to the second garage to get it out. I barely ever got to drive this baby anymore, in fact, we took the X6 everywhere now days. I couldn't even remember the last time I was in the drivers seat. Chris never let me drive, something about being a gentleman, I gave up asking after the third time he gave me a speech.
I pushed that pedal to the ground as I drove to go shopping, blaring my music with the sunroof down. I almost felt like I had freedom from being a mom and wife, it was a guilty feeling almost.
As I scoured the racks, looking through everything just trying to find something I liked, I felt a tap on the shoulder. I turned with a smile, and the persons eyes went wide.

"I knew it! I just knew it was you! Oh God, I'm such a huge fan of you and your husband." They exclaimed. I smiled, and posed for a picture with them, and talked with them for a few minutes before splitting our ways. I thought nothing of it, Chris and I talk to fans all the time. It seemed like a normal interaction. I just wished I was right, though. As I walked out to the car with my bags I had a feeling someone was watching me, following me. I picked up the pace and got in my car fast. I figured it was nothing finally, and I was in my car with the doors locked so I assumed I was safe. I started driving back to the house and as I drove some Jack ass was tailing me in their Mustang. I picked up the speed, then signaled them to just go around me. They didn't. They, instead, hit my bumper, and kept hitting it. At that point, I knew I was in trouble. I tried to call Chris, no answer. They finally got in the lane next to me and I thought they'd just pass me. They didn't. What drugs is that person on? I had so many questions. I just kept looking forward, trying to outrun them, but I couldn't. They slammed into the side of the car, and it went rolling off the road. After that, I blacked out cold.

CHRIS' POV
"Cassie! It's time for dinner! Uncle Ricky brought pizza!" I shouted. She jumped up and came running into the kitchen, then hugged onto Ricky's legs. He put his hand on her head and started messing up her hair. "Ricky, come on man, I just brushed her hair. She has Graves hair, it's thick and difficult." I said as I plated some pizza. He laughed, picked her up, and sat her at the bar.

"Hey, speaking of, where is Grave?" He asked. The thought hadn't even occurred to me. I had been watching hockey, and Salem had just been playing with her toys in the living room. I hadn't even looked at my phone. '6 missed calls from Wifey' is what the message read. Holy shit, I missed six calls from her. She never calls, usually she texts. I tried calling her back, but no answer, then I listened to the voicemails.

"Chris, I'm so sorry, the one time you trust me with the i8 some idiot decides to be psycho and keep hitting the bumper. It's like a direct attempt to get me out. Just call me back, I'm pretty frazzled." Fuck, I hope she didn't get out of the car. She should know by now, I could care less about those cars as long as she's safe. I went to the next one, and the next, and finally I heard a loud crash in the next to last one. My heart was pounding, and I was hoping that any minute now she'd walk in that door. I met Ricky's panicked gaze, and clicked the last message.

"Please, stop! I didn't do anything to you! Just let me go home, and I won't tell anyone!" It was Grave screaming and crying.

"Chris, what do I need to do?" Ricky asked. I grabbed the keys and started to run out the door.

"Stay with Cassie! I'll be back, I gotta find Grave!" As awful as this may sound, at that moment, I didn't give two shits that I was in charge of our precious Cassie, I had to find Grave. I sped down the roads, and finally I found the i8 flipped over off the road. I came to a screeching haunt and jumped out of the car, then slid down the mud hill that was the side of the road. It was our i8, and my heart sank. I looked all around the car and saw no trace of Grave. Just then I got a call from Ricky.

"Did you find her? Is she okay?" He asked. I started to cry.

"Ricky, she's gone, she's not anywhere by the car and it's flipped, I don't know where she is." I said as I panicked. He muttered 'fuck' under his breath so Cassie wouldn't hear it. All I could think about was that last message. Someone had Grave.