The witch, the angel, the brother & the lovesick idiot

Sam and Cass go to check Samantha's rooms, while Dean is to keep an eye on her. But once the other two leave them alone, she smiles at the hunter and proposes: "Well, Dean, as we wait for your brother and your friend to come back empty handed and apologize, can I offer you a drink?" Meanwhile the younger hunter and the angel find her spell book, hidden behind a closet in the kitchen. They also see her collection of herbs and dead animals and alarmed, Sam starts reading the page with the bookmark. As soon as he understands, he tells Castiel: "I think Dean's in danger. This is a love potion!" Cass turns on his heel and storms down the hall, back to the bedroom where Dean is guarding Samantha.

The witch has her back to the door, because during her playful chat with Dean, she had moved around the room, maneuvering him closer to her bed. Dean has his eyes closed and his head tilted back, while downing a beer in one gulp. When Cass throws open the door and barges in, he cries out in fear: "Dean!" The older Winchester opens his eyes and looks towards the door. Samantha meets his gaze, sure that she has won. And Dean does smile at her, a sweet, open, lovesick smile. Cass' face flushes at the sight, and even more when he hears Dean say: "Oh my God, I love you!" Then he starts to walk toward the witch. But instead of taking her into his arms, he looks right over her head, at Cass. And he shoves Samantha aside, taking the last few feet in a stride, to stand directly in front of his friend, ogling him from head to toe, just to then cup his face and plant a long, deep kiss on him.

Samantha cries out in rage, and Sam comes flying through the door, to aide the others in apprehending the witch, but he is baffled by the sight of his brother kissing the angel. Castiel, overwhelmed by his own feelings, is unsure how to react and thus only halfheartedly pushes Dean, without much success. Samantha, seeing that she lost and not keen on being held responsible for Dean's state by the other two men, throws some exploding powder at the floor, blinding the gang, and then shoves her namesake into the still kissing couple to escape. Cass tries to grab her, but when Sam stumbles against them, all three fall to the floor.

Once they hit the ground, Dean finally lets go of Castiel's lips, but only to hastily stand and pull his friend up with him, asking with a worried face: "Cass dear, are you alright, are you hurt?", all the while ignoring Sam completely. "Yeah, I'm okay.", the other answers confused, the look of shock still on his face. "What about you? Are you feeling... strange, Dean?", he carefully asks. Dean takes both his hands into his, smiling a radiant smile and answers cheerfully: "Oh, I'm so happy, I still can't believe it... how could I be so blind all these years!" And he starts kissing Cass' hands. While never leaving his eyes, he exclaims: "You are so beautiful, so wonderful, so pure! I love you so much, babe, I never want to part with you ever again!" He almost starts crying from joy, tenderly plastering the angel's hands with kisses.

Cass and Sam on the other side look at each other horrified and Sam tries to talk to his brother: "Dean? Dean! That's not you! That Samantha gave you some potion, to turn you into her slave! What you're feeling isn't real!" Hearing this, Castiel has to swallow hard, but chimes in: "Yeah Dean, you're not yourself. Try breathing steady for a while, I'm sure it'll fade soon." But Dean just looks at his mouth and whispers: "You have such a wonderful voice. I could listen to you for days! And your mouth... your lips, your tongue, your perfect teeth... I want you so much!" His grip tightens and he moves closer.

Sam tries to step in and places one hand on both men's shoulders to push them apart. Only to get sucker punched in the face by Dean. Sam is so surprised, that he trips and falls flat on his back. Dean turns to him for the first time, standing in front of Cass as if to protect him and shouts: "Keep your hands off him, he's mine!" Sam holds his jaw where his bro hit him and yells: "Hey idiot, I'm your brother, calm down!" But Dean just stares at him and insists: "So? Wouldn't be the first time you tried to steal my love, bitch. But you're not getting him, he belongs to me!" Cass, unable to handle the situation, looks at Sam and says: "You better find a way to fix him, fast! I need to go!" And with that, he disappears.