Chapter 29: Halloween Night

Sorry for the very late chapter, enjoy!~

I paced around in the library, flicking through books, growing bored. Wave entered, giggling and putting his arm around Kurome. Kurome looked unamused as ever, sliding away from Wave. I watched this interaction, curious.

"Yo! Y/N, what's up?" Wave casually strolled up to me, Kurome following behind. She stayed silent, placing a small treat of hers on her tongue and munching away.

"Oh, nothing. Whatcha laughing about?" I asked. They both looked back at each other and back to me. 

"It's Halloween night. So you know what that means. Costumes! I wanted to do matching costumes with the group but everyone kinda...opted out and said they don't do halloween. The only person willing to participate was Bols and well...you could say he's already dressed up." 

We both chuckled, understanding how scary Bols would look to everyone else. Kurome continued not uttering a word, her eyes latched onto me. 

"So wanna join in with dressing up or..?" Wave looked to the side, scratching the back of his neck.

"Nah, I'm good, I don't really do Halloween, not really my type of thing." I answered. He gave a nod of understandment and looked towards the door.

"I'll take my leave, just came here to grab the fantasy story I had wanted to take a look at." Wave reached out his hand onto a shelf where one book seemed to be laying down oddly. He took it with him, Kurome still standing there once he left the library.

I anxiously averted my eyes away from her, pretending to look at books.

"I know what you did." Her voice sent a chill down my spine. I was hoping she wouldn't say something like that

"Hm? I-I don't know what you're on about.." I stuttered. Shit, I've given it away. I felt a hand on my shoulder, forcing me to turn around. I looked down at Kurome who was a bit smaller than me. It felt like she was staring right into my soul. I felt myself sweat, with guilt.

"Admit it. You didn't kill Mine." 

"W-what? Of course I ki-" I was cut off.

"No, you didn't. I saw it all. " Kurome sighed. She had finally spoke to me about this. I froze up, my body growing cold, the sweat so cold, as if it could turn into ice.

"I...I should tell General Esdeath...but." She looked at me, and started walking to the door. "I think it's your place to tell her. If you don't tell her by the time you're getting married, then I will. I'll have to. I can't let General marry a liar." And with that, she left.

I took a deep breath and swallowed long and hard. I couldn't. I know for sure I'd die. Seconds later I felt two warm arms wrap theirselves around my waist, hugging me close.

"What was that about with Kurome hmm?~" Esdeath's voice entered my ears, causing me to turn cold with fear. I hope she heard nothing. She cupped my chin and turned my face to look at hers. Esdeath must of noticed the panic and guilt in my eyes as she turned from loving to serious.

"What happened? What did she say to you?.." Esdeath used her other hand to slowly slide her sword out of her scabbard, a death look in her eyes.

"N-nothing! J-just put the sword away!" I panicked, and rested my hand on top of her sword's handle, trying to keep it down. Her cheeks blushed pink as my fingers had grazed her hand softly. She cleared her throat and put it back into it's sheath, clearing her throat.

"I just don't want anyone hurting you. And if one of my own were to do that, I would feel deeply betrayed." Her hands now grabbed onto my wrists as she pinned me against one of the bookshelves. A book fell down, making a thud on the ground, the book opening and on it's pages. "I feel like it's been too long since I had you in my grasp.." She giggled getting closer and closer to my face with her own.